Chapter 2- Aaron

“Caitlin Williams, you know the student you were suppose to have one to one with?” She questioned.

            I opened my mouth to speak but then I snapped it shut. I was caught by her beauty but also who she claimed to be. An image of Caitlin Williams ran in my mind. No, definitely incorrect.   

“No your not,” he began, “You look nothing like her.”

“Okay let’s see. I was born on the twenty ninth of October and I’m seventeen. I’ve been in town all my life, I have OCD and…” She began but I held a hand up.

“She could have easily told you this, is she trying to escape her meeting?” I questioned.

“That’s it, talk to me later when you actually know who I am,” She ended to conversation after becoming impatient.

            She wrote me a note and then walked out, turning left as I watched her. I sighed trying to believe her but I couldn’t, it just didn’t seem possible. As I logged onto my laptop, I soon realised I had access to the majority of her basic information. Her files were loaded up shortly and I soon realised she was telling the truth. Huh, well she’s done herself some good. My eyes focused on the note she had written, it stated her lesson, so I began to walk to her classroom and I soon found that she was waiting outside of the toilets, calmly sat on the floor.

“What’s wrong?” I questioned.

“Nothing,” she muttered, turning away.

            Well I guess she doesn’t want to talk to me anymore, I think I blew it when I questioned her identity, I’ve really got to start listening more. I sat next to her, and she shuffled across slightly away from me. I heard her sob slightly, and then I frowned. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

“Caitlin, what’s wrong?” I asked.

            She quickly moved and began to run; to my advantage I was quicker. I shad soon grasped her around her waist when she began to thrash in protest. Using my arms I held her as still as possible.

“You can’t do this!” she yelled in panicked sobs.

“Shhhh,” I hushed into her ear and she soon calmed down at my words.

            She didn’t argue as I led her to my office, she just trailed behind me. When we arrived, I passed her a box of tissues and locked the door without her knowing. We sat across from each other, she glanced at me and she had stopped crying. She stared at me for a while, waiting for me to start the conversation off. But I couldn’t speak; the way she looked at me left me speechless.

            Her long blonde hair cascaded to her hips; I noticed this is the first time I’ve seen her with her hair down. She had possessed blue highlights which matched her eyes. They glowed bright with ocean blue; I could have sworn her eyes use to be green. Her skin was tanned well and the makeup she wore was natural. I turned around for a minute, trying to find myself and then turned back with a long sigh.

“Do you want to talk about?” I inquired; I wasn’t going to force her into anything.

“You wouldn’t understand,” she answered.

“Do you want a female member of staff?” I questioned, making assumptions.

“No, no-one will understand, I’m not normal let’s leave it at that,” she said.

            I was about to question her statement when a ringing interrupted me. Caitlin looked up, aware something was ready to happen, she ran out just before the sprinklers came down. I thought that door was locked? It drenched me like a bucket of water had been thrown on me; I left my room, intent on following Caitlin though she seemed to have disappeared. My mind made an assumption, presuming she must have made it out. As I strolled across the field, I searched for Caitlin, scanning the crowd mainly for long blonde hair. But to my dismay, I came across nothing. A brunette came jogging towards me, as she came closer I soon recognised her to be Caitlin’s friend, Alice.

“Where is she?” Alice questioned, “She ran out of maths and then the alarm went off.”

“I don’t know, she ran off before I had chance to realise the sprinklers were on, she has good hearing,” I commented.

            Alice nodded, panting due to the jogging. So if she isn’t here, then where is she? I began to jog back towards the building; my instincts told me that Caitlin was still in there and I needed to find them. My mind had made yet another theory; most of my actions have been upon guess work.

“Mr Thompson,” Alice called after me, “Where you going?”

“To find her.”

“You can’t.”

            I just carried on walking, she’s my responsibility and due to that, I need to find her. As I entered the building, thick black smoke rose from the science department, probably some of the younger ones, doing the wrong experiment. Something always happens on the first day, whether it ends in a fire or an ambulance. The far end of the building was fine, but I would only have limited time. I sprinted, as fast as I could, my body turned corner after corner to see nothing. But when I arrived near the girl’s toilet, a sob reached my ears, Caitlin. I entered and rounded what would hopefully be the last corner. The edge of something gold, poked out of one of the cubicles, it appeared to be a fish tail, well I think so anyway. I frowned, what is that?

“Caitlin, there’s a fire, you need to get out,” I informed her, raising my voice to make sure she heard me.

“Just leave me!” She shouted.

              I rolled my eyes before going in to get her. When I found her, she was bunched in a corner, hugging her legs. She put her arm out to stop me and a wall of water formed, blocking me. Confusion took over me, puzzled at the obstacle and its arrival. I put my arms through the substance and once I realised that it was safe, I stepped through, still objective on getting Caitlin. I shook my head as my arms picked her up, she didn’t protest this time. She just cried into me, what is going on?

Still being edited.