Chapter 10- Caitlin

I didn’t want to stay with him; in fact I wanted to avoid him as much as possible especially if I am right about the situation I’m in. Soon enough, the car had pulled up in the garage. It was a property surrounded by nature, the lawn stretched for miles and tree’s towered over the mansion, shading certain areas of the house.

“You never told me you were rich,” I said.

“As you said a month ago, we barely know each other; we might as well take this opportunity to get to know each other,” he answered me, why does he always have to be so formal.

            He grabbed my bags and led me inside; I was in awe as he led me upstairs to the guest bedroom. It was carpeted in cream and the walls were a bright white. One of the walls was completely taken out and had been fitted with a window. I loved it, it was the kind of bedroom I’ve always wanted but I couldn’t tell him that, he would use it against me in the near future.

“Bathroom’s downstairs,” he explained, “You will get use to it.”

“No kidding,” I muttered.

            I heard him chuckle at my comment and I sat on the edge of the double bed and folded my legs. To be honest I wasn’t that sure on what to do next. But there was something I wanted to do but I couldn’t do it whilst he was here.  

“I’ll leave you to get unpacked, I’ll be downstairs if you need me,” he said and strolled out.

            There’s something I need to check out. I opened up my suitcase and took out the plastic bag which Mr Thompson questioned earlier. I took out the five boxes and headed strait to the bathroom, locking the door to make sure he didn’t come past. He wouldn’t be too please about this, the thing is, I have a sneaky suspicion that I’m pregnant, that’s right, pregnant. So I followed the instructions and set the timer on my phone. My finger nails drummed against the side as I waited patiently.

When the timer went off, I checked all five tests; I needed to be certain so I brought five. I stared at the results for a while until the thought of them sickened me. A long sigh escaped my lips due to the results as I stuffed them back in the boxes. I left them in my school bag in my new room before running downstairs. I found Mr Thompson sat on the Couch, reading a book. By the cover, I could tell that it was a book I was in too. Mystery romances, love them to pieces. As I looked closer at the title I realised I have already read that one. Oh well.  

“Could you please take me to the hospital?” I questioned.

“What’s wrong?” he asked me a question back.

“You don’t want to know,” I answered, making sure I didn’t say too much.

            He gave me a look as to say spill it. I rolled my eyes as he grabbed his car keys. He followed me out of the house and I observed as he locked the door.

“Fine I didn’t want to but you asked for it,” I began, following him to the garage, “The best way I could probably put this is lady issues.”

            His face scrunched up at the thought of it. I smirked as he set off to drive me to the hospital. As we drove, I sung along the radio, like I usually do, especially if it is one of the classic rock ballads.  

“Nice singing,” he smirked.

“You couldn’t do much better,” I argued back.

            As I carried on he began screeching along to the radio as an attempt to put me off, I think he thought he was singing. I started laughing at him and eventually we pulled up.  Through out the whole journey, he continued to scream along to it.

“How long you going to be, I need to get some things?” he asked.

“No longer then an hour,” I answered him.

            He nodded and we parted to go our separate ways. As I entered the hospital, I headed to the reception.

“Hi, I’m Caitlin Williams,” I began in case she needed my file, “Could I please speak to the doctor who treated me last when I was here?”

“Hello?”

            I turned around to be faced by the doctor. She was waiting for me, but how did she know I was coming. We didn’t say a word as she led me down to a practice room. The sharp smell of disinfectant stung my nose and the noise of drama reached my ears. There was a lot going on in the hospital at the minute. She opened a door and let me in. I thanked her and she showed me to a seat.

“Want a drink of water,” she offered.

“I can’t,” I said.

“The sun’s up and it is a full moon tonight, so what’s wrong?” she questioned, shutting the door and sitting across from me.

            She handed me a glass of water and I took a sip. I expected to change, but I didn’t. This reminded of how Mr Thompson and I usually sit when we’re in his office. I smiled slightly at the thought of it.

“Is there any mermaid things I should know about?” I asked.

            She went in her draw and pulled out a booklet.

“Keep it,” she started, handing me the thick booklet, “To someone who knows the secret, they can read everything, to someone who doesn’t, they won’t see anything. There are also some things I should teach you.”

            I flicked through it and came across what I was after. I showed her the page I had found and she looked at the title.

“You think you’re pregnant?” she asked.

            I nodded.

“Who has seen you?” she questioned.

            I expected her to be irritated at the fact that someone saw me but she wasn’t which surprised me a bit.

“Mr Thompson,” she began, “He’s your true love?”

“I think so,” I answered.

_______________

Let me know what you think!