Chapter 23- Caitlin

As we began to head down the street, Alice babbled on about two things, how hot Aaron was and also how amazing my birthday will be.

“Alice!” I interrupted.

            She looked to me, showing I had her full attention.

“Stop.”

            She shrugged and we arrived at the mall. Alice headed strait to the dresses and picked up various amounts all in my size. She grabbed my hand and rushed me to the changing rooms. Alice shoved me the first dress and I stripped into my underwear.

“Put that on, I’m going to find some shoes,” she decided.

            I rolled my eyes slightly before following her orders. She appeared just as I had put it on. She looked me up and down and then the dress colour on me.

“I love it!” she exclaimed.

            The dress was a deep purple, arriving at around the mid section of my thigh. It fit snug against my chest but didn’t fail to show off what was necessary. Under my chest was a black ribbon, containing a silver broach in the middle. From then the dress was just loose lacy netting which was perfect as it hid the small baby bump. In her hand Alice had a pair of silver heels.

“It looks amazing Caitlin, you have to get it and it’s on sale. I wouldn’t pair it with any jewellery, maybe a necklace, do you have a silver locket?” she asked.

            I nodded and went into my bag before producing the locket the Aaron had given me a couple if nights ago. Alice put it on for me and I slipped the heels on and then she looked at me again.

“That necklace is perfect, where did you get?” she questioned.

“Aaron found it, it’s one of those mermaid things,” I answered, lowering my voice slightly due to the topic we were discussing.

            She nodded not questioning it. I paid for the dress and the shoes before we headed to the drug store to look at make-up products. When it arrived to around one in the afternoon, we stopped at the food court for dinner. Alice had a chicken burger with a side of fries but I had a Caesar salad. I had only brought my usual make-up and a couple of sundresses. Alice decided to get a lot of clothes, practically a new wardrobe. We stayed and chatted for a while but an hour later we headed home. As we passed school, Alice sighed dreamily at it. What is up with the girl?

“Okay Alice, spill, who do you like?” I asked.

“Johnny Ducton, the new senior,” she revealed.

“Yeah, he is definitely your type. Not mine though,” I answered, sipping on my smoothie.

“Yeah but you only have eyes for Aaron,” she giggled.

“Too right,” I agreed.

            We laughed before walking into Alice’s house. Her Mom greeted me quickly and Alice too before she bolted, strange, just like her daughter. Alice rushed me upstairs and pushed me in her bathroom. I bathed like I knew she would want me too.

“Can I come in?” she questioned.

“Sure, it’s not as if I’m nude,” I joked.

            The door swung open and Alice entered, covering her eyes with her left hand in case I told a lie. My eyes rolled slightly and once she saw my tail was there she uncovered her eyes. She gaped at me for a while and then shook her head, becoming bored of the image. Her lengthy legs swung as she sat on the edge of the sink and a sigh left her lips. Once again, she was playing the victim whilst I would ask what’s wrong. It works every time for either of us.

“What’s wrong?” I questioned.

“Nothing, it just seems like my life is going no-where, you have Aaron and I have no-one,” she answered, a frown appearing on her face.

“You’re seventeen Alice, you don’t need a relationship now,” I told her.

            She shrugged and left, I have a feeling that the conversation wasn’t over, I took it as an opportunity to get out. Once I had entered back into the bedroom, Alice sat me down on the chair and began to attack my hair. It took longer then I expected to style it but it didn’t surprise me because she decided to crimp my hair. Once it was done, it looked nice but I wish it didn’t take as long as it could. My make-up didn’t take long though due to me preferring to wear natural make-up.

             Just before five, the doorbell rang and Alice raced downstairs to see who it was. She came back up two minutes later.

“He’s in a suit, looks like you’re going posh,” she told me in a rush.

              I nodded and headed downstairs, his eyes brightened when he noticed me, but when he saw what I was wearing his eyes shot down to scan me. I laughed slightly to myself at his reaction and he took my hand.

“Thanks Alice,” I called as he led me out the door.

“Its fine,” she shouted back from the top of the stairs, “Have fun, but not too much fun.”

              She laughed when my cheeks grew red but Aaron hastily took me outside.

“Have a good day?” he asked.

“Sure,” I answered.

“How much was the dress?”

“You know you only want to know how much money I spent from your card and I brought it on sale.”

               He nodded and continued to walk. We headed the opposite way to the main town, heading the way in which my house is. Though he took us a different way to avoid Cassie, which I was extremely thankful for.  

___________________________

Let me know what you think.

Should i do a sequel?