Chapter 20- Aaron

“I’m just going to home,” Caitlin decided, staring out of her window, “It’s been a long day.”

“Don’t worry Caitlin,” her uncle began, talking but still had his eyes plastered on the road, “I’ll tell the science department that due to problems, they can’t test you.”

“Thanks but I’m not sure, it just seems that they will become suspicious,” she replied.

“There’s not much I can do, they have a signed document from some fancy science place.”

            She nodded and he pulled into his parking space. We climbed out before they bid each other goodbye and we went our separate ways. Caitlin climbed in and we drive away. As we passed her house, she noticed someone next door.

“Can we please stop,” she requested.

            I pulled into her driveway and she took one look at the neighbour and climbed strait back in. She instructed that I drive very quickly away before they come over. Once we were out of sight I turned my attention to her.

“Who was it?” I asked.

“Cassie and her family,” she mumbled, “What great next door neighbours.”

            I chuckled slightly at the sarcasm dripping off her voice and pulled into my own garage. She climbed out and headed strait inside after me, I watched closely as she headed up the stairs. And I soon followed, once again, I observed as she stripped into her underwear and collapsed on my bed. She let out a small groan which I knew was her way off telling me to sleep next to her. She moved her head onto my chest and spooned against me. A smile began to creep across her face but she still crept her eyes closed.

“You tired?” I questioned.

            She nodded and stiffed a yawn.

“Sleep,” I urged.

“But I feel bad, you’ll be bored,” she muttered.

“We’ll go on a date later, our first date.”

            She mumbled an agreement before falling into a blissful sleep. I chuckled slightly at how easily she fell asleep and slid out from under her. I kissed her head and she smiled as she gripped the pillow tightly, replacing what would have been me. I headed downstairs to prepare for the date.

* * *

I was preparing everything that would go with us to our date when the doorbell rang. Caitlin thundered down the stairs and opened it. I heard a small squeal which told me that Alice had arrived.

“Have you got everything?” Caitlin asked.

“Off course,” she answered back.

“Aaron babe,” she called, “What time are we leaving?”

“When ever you’re ready,” I offered.

“Give me two hours,” she shouted back.

            Two hours? I shook my head at her request before heading upstairs, Caitlin had occupied what use to be her room, she probably guessed that I would need my own room. I raided my draws for my own posh attire; I slipped it on easily and headed downstairs. My eyes scanned my book as I sat on a seat at the bottom of the stairs. I’m not sure how long I was reading for but soon enough I heard the sound of heals on floorboards, she’s ready.

            I stood up ready to greet her. Her hair was curled into well positioned curls which reflected how everything had to be perfect for her to feel contained. She was in a flawless silver dress which left me in awe. I didn’t really look at anything more, I was in a trance after the dress. She took my hand which I still had out and smiled. Alice slipped out of the door after saying goodbye and we headed to my car.

“So where are we going?” she asked.

“Don’t freak out but we’re going to have dinner with my parents,” I answered.

“What!” she yelled, “Stop this car right now?”

            I clicked the button and all of the doors locked, she let out a long groan. She shook the door as I drove down the road; she carried on for the full half an hour it took us to get there. Once we pulled up, a shaky sigh left her.

“What if they don’t like me?” she questioned.

“Come on, they have Emily as a daughter, what do you think and she will be there with Stevie so you won’t be the only hormonal one there,” I answered, grabbing her hand.

            She smacked my lightly with her other hand and smiled at my comment. We climbed out and headed towards the door. The family butler opened it for us before handing us a glass of champagne. Caitlin kindly declined. She followed me as we headed to wear my parents would be seated. I went strait through but Caitlin paused before following through.

            My mother was thin and frail and dressed in a silver silk dress where my dad was broad and chubby wearing a cotton suit. I hugged my dad and kissed my Mom’s cheek like usual, Caitlin stood next to me feeling awkward, a slight red tinge had covered her cheeks.

“Mom, Dad, this is Caitlin, my girlfriend,” I introduced.

            They shook hands and we headed into the dining room where Stevie and Emily were already seated. Emily hugged Caitlin like an old friend and Stevie hip bumped her, she giggled slightly. She sat in between me and Emily where I knew she would feel comfortable. The first dish came out and I stared down at the soup and the sweet aroma which was being released from it. My stomach growled slightly and my Mom recited grace before we began to eat. We began to chat about everyday life; Caitlin would only talk if a question was shot her way. By the time it was desert, Emily was ready to announce something.

“Mom, Dad, I’m pregnant,” she began.

 _________

Let me know what you think?

Do you think i'm going to write a sequal for this?