Chapter 17- Caitlin

My mind froze; I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. My mind was racing; it just didn’t make sense to me. No matter which way I put the words together, it all confused me.

“It all makes sense now!” Aaron exclaimed.

“What does?” I questioned.

“She tried to run me over,” he said.

            I sighed at the thought of it. If she got that close to him then what am I suppose to do. We discussed the issue which was Cassie Jones for a while before we left. Stevie supported one side of Aaron and Emily the other. It’s going to be strange calling him Aaron now and not Mr Thompson. We moved along the corridor slowly, Aaron shuffling more then walking. It also took him a while to get into the car. But once he was home on the couch, he was fine. Emily and Stevie stayed with us for a while.

“Does anybody want any food, I’m starving, haven’t eaten all day,” I offered.

“Yeah, we’ll do hamburgers!” Stevie exclaimed, “Wolf has to have his meat.”

“And why haven’t you eaten?” Aaron questioned.

“Because when you left I fell onto the pavement and sort of slept there,” I answered.

            He frowned slightly and I moved to the kitchen with Stevie. In the end, we made around a dozen burgers, Stevie eating more then anyone which Aaron predicted. They helped me to take him upstairs to bed and then left, going via the forest.

“I should be alright tomorrow,” he began, “Doctor said I should be able to move more and she advises swimming.”

“I have no complaints for that,” I said, “Night.”

“Wait.”

            I turned around to see him facing me. He patted the spot next to him but I left anyway.  He shouted a protest but I kept walking. Once in my room, I changed into my shorts and a vest top before coming back through. He patted the spot next to him, repeating the action again and I climbed in. He rested his head on mine and entwined our legs. Then he kissed my head and wrapped his arm on my waist. I smiled wide.

“Night gorgeous,” he said.

“Night babe,” I answered back.

            He kissed my head again before we both fell to sleep.

* * *

As the sun rose, Aaron’s alarm went of. I tapped the top of it, six in the morning. I turned around to fine Aaron staring at me. He moved my hair away from my face and shot me a large grin.

“What a beautiful sight to wake up to,” he whispered.

            I smiled back to show I appreciate it. He rolled out of bed and headed to his connecting bathroom. However I headed strait to my room and changed into my aqua bikini. He met me at the front door and we jogged to the beach, we had arrived with in five minutes. The beach was deserted when we arrived, how it usually is at six in the morning. I turned to Aaron finding him scanning the horizon. He pointed in a direction.

“Have you ever been to that island?” he questioned.

            I followed his gaze and shook my head.

“Want to go there?” I asked.

            He nodded and then we headed towards the water, I stood at the line which defined wet to dry before crossing the border.

“What, are we swimming together?” I questioned.

He nodded and he froze, I’m not sure whether this should happen or not. I ran as fast as I could home and soon enough I had landed on a kitchen stool. Around a minute later, he arrived too.

“What’s wrong?” he asked.

“Nothing,” I muttered.

I stood up and headed out but he grabbed me wrist. He took the glass of water which was next to the sink and paused.

“I have to know,” he explained.

And with that he tipped the glass of water on my wrist and I did the first thing that hit me, I ran. But there was only one water source; I didn’t really feel like hitting the concrete. So I submitted, soon realizing that he would find out and dived into the pool. As soon as I had surfaced he was at the side of the pool starring at me. And I now have a lot of explaining to do.

I climbed out, using my arms and dried myself by my hand. When I visited my doctor she also showed me how I could influence the water particles. I showed him the booklet and he stared down at the page for a while. Then came to a conclusion.

“I love it,” I smiled wide at his opinion, “Let’s get back to the beach.”

I muttered an agreement and he led the way to the beach, tightly grasping my hand. Once we arrived, we headed strait to the water. Instantly, I could feel the wet sand squelching between my feet and I made a quick dash to the water. The smooth action barely made any disturbance as I dived in. As I surfaced quickly, Aaron turned to me. He dived next to me and we began to swim. Soon enough my tail had appeared. I kept swimming but Aaron had other ideas, he was staring at me as if I was some kind of freak, oh wait I am, I’m a fish freak. He surface and I followed.

“How is that even possible?” he questioned.

            I shrugged; it didn’t make sense to me when the doctor told me and it still doesn’t make sense to me now.

“How long can you hold your breath for?” he asked yet another question.

“Don’t know, don’t forget I have only had this tail for over a month, it’s still knew to me,” I defended.

            He smiled before diving back down; once again I followed his action. We swam together for a while, hand in hand. Every couple of minutes, he surfaced for air which I believed would be a problem for me but it wasn’t really. We carried on swimming when Aaron paused. He swam towards me and I met him halfway. He came to me, lifted my head up with my chin and connected our lips. As we kissed, he swam us back up to the surface. He moulded his plump lips against my own as he turned what began as a peck into a passionate kiss. He then pulled away but rested against my head.

“Was that your first kiss?” he asked.

            I nodded.

“Well, I want to be your first and your last kiss, will you be my girlfriend,” he questioned.

            I nodded again and he wrapped his arms around me. Soon enough, I Dived back down and we headed back towards the island, unaware of what our findings would be.

__________________________

So i want your feedback and i would really appreciate it if you commented below.

What do you think of the story so far?

Who is your favourite character and why?

If you saw this in a store, would you pick it up? 

Thanks a lot! :)