Chapter 13- Aaron

As we walked back, we talked about random things, school mainly. When we reached home she ran a head of me. The sun bounced off her skin stunningly and showed the blue highlights in her hair more. She took of her beach dress, leaving her in her bikini as she ran up the stairs to the front door. She bounced for a while at the door, waiting for me, obviously on a high after her swim. A smile was etched onto her face.

Once the door was open she ran upstairs and soon enough I heard her door slam. I followed, still walking up the stairs, even though she’s ahead of me, I’ll still be done soon. I changed into my usual work clothes and headed back downstairs. Emily had left a salad and a pizza on the side for me and Caitlin, how nice. I packed it into my bag and then Caitlin came bounding down the stairs, I passed her the cheese salad and she took it with a smile on her face.

She had pulled her hair back into a pony tail and had dressed herself in a summer dress with flip flops. She looked beautiful, like she always does. But why did I have to tell myself that. We left for school, laughing and chatting the whole way there. In the car, I imitated her screeching again. She was happy today and it was good sign but I knew she would be grouchy later from lack of sleep.  

“Stop it, you can’t sing end it there,” she complained.

“I might not be able to sing but you can, you have a stunning voice,” I complemented.

“Thanks,” she answered.

A fluster of red hit her cheeks. Once we arrived she led the way to my office and we sat down. We didn’t really talk about her OCD. Yesterday with the flour proves that she’s doing fine. Once it was time for first lesson she bid me goodbye. I took a wonder outside and found a seat on a wooden bench. Nature was at peace today. In the protection of the tree’s I noticed two wolves, Stevie and Emily. Emily’s coat was snow white against the trees but Stevie’s was a dark brown. As they approached the fence, Emily kept playfully nipping at Stevie’s ear. He growled to play along. They leapt over the school fence and shifted before approaching me. Emily reached me before Stevie due to vampire speed. But when they had both arrived, they sat on the left of me and I turned to face them.

“I have something to tell you,” Emily started.

            I nodded and she sighed and Stevie put and arm around her.

“I’m pregnant,” she announced.

“Seriously, you’re a year younger then me, twenty one and you’re pregnant?” I questioned.

“Oh shut up Aaron!” She moaned, “We already know Stevie’s mine and we’re wolfs, the amount of times we have sex it was bound to happen sometime.”

“Didn’t need to know that,” I grimaced, covering my ears as a joke I knew she would be annoyed at.

            She giggled and Stevie pecked her lips. Apparently he’s happy about this too and he was only nineteen.  

“No sis, I am happy for you,” I said, wrapping her in a hug.

“Glad you think so, I’m not the only one who’s pregnant,” she told me.

            I frowned at her and she laughed slightly at me. I couldn’t think of anybody us both new who could also be pregnant.

“Caitlin, check her bag, you should find the tests in there, five in all if I remember right. Four positive and one negative,” she carried on, explaining in detail, “She’s also been to the doctors about it; it was actually the same doctor who treated you when you had the accident.  

            Caitlin pregnant, my student pregnant. The seventeen year old girl who was living with me and was in the building behind me at the current moment was pregnant. No, it can’t be possible.

“And also, I’m going to be an aunt,” she said.

“But I don’t have a girlfriend, no-ones I’ve dated is pregnant,” I argued back, debating her statement.

“Are you sure about that?” she asked.

            She laughed before running away. Stevie turned to me.

“It will become clear soon, just talk to Caitlin,” he said.

            Stevie chased after Emily and I watched as they entered through the forest. I watched the blur of white which was Emily and she ran through the forest, Stevie on her tail. A long sigh left my lips. The new information in my brain stung. It couldn’t be true. I left and headed back to my office. I wouldn’t see Caitlin until after school but I don’t think I could just question her. Should I trust her to tell me or confront her with the facts? Another sigh left me.

            I can’t face her with the facts. And how do I know Emily is right, where did she get all of the facts from. But Caitlin did go to hospital yesterday with ‘Lady Problems’. Oh my god, she is pregnant. And she was sick yesterday, morning sickness. It would make a lot of sense but I don’t want to believe it’s true.

            I headed back to my office, waiting for the time in which would signal home time. I was halfway through filling out a document when there was a knock at the door.

“Come in,” I shouted.

            A girl walked in around the same age as Caitlin. She had shoulder length black hair and was wearing a hoodie and jeans. The receptionist followed after her.

“This is a new student, Cassie Jones,” she introduced, “Could you show her to Caitlin’s class. She’s with her for the day.”

            I nodded and we headed up to maths in silence. She wasn’t going to say anything so I wouldn’t. I dropped her off at maths with Caitlin who was slightly reluctant to agree to it. She had already told me she was happy with one friend. I took a quick look at her, she couldn’t be pregnant, she just looks to innocent but there is still one question which lingers in my head. If she is pregnant, who’s the dad?