Chapter 11- Aaron

I met her outside of the hospital and she climbed into the car. In her hand she held a booklet with a couple of leaflets. I frowned at her problem. Before I pulled off, I tried to read the title of the cover but nothing I could recognised.

“All right?” I asked, pulling away.

“Yeah,” she answered in a sigh.

“You don’t sound okay?” I said, taking my eyes off the road for a second to look at her. 

“No, it’s just, the problem is still there but there is nothing I can do?” she replied.

            I nodded, not wanting to go into details and I really don’t think she wants to go into an explanation. Once we pulled up, I entered the house. She followed swiftly.

“I’ll make dinner,” she told me, moving towards the phone.

            She was talking for a while on the phone and then hung up. She lay across the couch, limbs sprawled everywhere. My head tilted slightly in confusion and she smirked at me. I waited, sat on the other end of the couch. She flicked through channels on the TV, trying to find something to watch. In the end she came up with a documentary about mermaids. Was she trying to annoy me? Around half an hour later, the doorbell rang and Caitlin rose from her seat. She came back two minutes later with a bag. She leant against the doorframe with the white bag in her hand. I don’t think she realises how sexy that is.

“And that is how you order dinner,” she said, swinging the bag in her hand.

            I chuckled slightly and we sat down and ate what she had ordered, I have to say, she has great taste in food. Afterwards, she leant back.

“I want cake!” she announced.

I started to help her with the cake. We started off with the sponge for it.

"Put the oven on heat," she shouted an order, she seriously was a woman in the kitchen.

He voice was quieter because she spoke into the cupboard. She was standing on her tiptoes to try to get the flour from a cupboard; it stretched her body gorgeously and made me want to in the worst way ever to touch the bare skin exposed on her lower back. But then she dragged the flour down before I had my chance. She measured it out and we carried on with the cake. I grabbed a bit of flour and flicked it at her. She laughed and flicked some back. We started having a flour fight when I grabbed the bag. I ran after her with it, throwing bits off it along the way. By the time the bag was empty we were both covered. She kept running though but slipped on the flour, taking me down with her. I landed on top of her, she looked into my eyes and I followed the action. We both leaned in, our lips inches away when the door swung open with a bang.

 “Yo Aaron, where you at, Stevie is in the house!” A man called.

            I groaned slightly and stood up, I gave her hand and she stood up. I can’t believe Stevie interrupted that. She would have been mine.

“Whoa Aaron my man,” Stevie began, “What happened?”

“Just an accident,” Caitlin muttered, wiping the flour of her forehead.

            She shivered slightly and the point that she was covered in white powder. Emily, my sister and Stevie’s girlfriend entered. She looked from me to Caitlin and to the mess.

“Okay, both of you go onto the patio,” she began, pointing to the French doors, “Stevie clean this mess up!”

“Why me?” Stevie moaned.

“Just get on with it. I’ll help, we can’t be long and it’s a full moon tonight.”

            She whispered the last thing so that Caitlin wouldn’t hear. The thing is my sister is sort of a half vampire, half werewolf. It’s a long story, it’s hard for me to get my head wrapped around so don’t ask me to explain it. I’m sure it will crop up later; after all, it is quite a tail. I followed Caitlin onto the Patio and Emily handed me a hose. Caitlin looked to me and I sprayed her. She started giggling as I drenched her. As we messed about with the hose for a while, forgetting the objective of removing the flour and decided to have fun, we became soaked. Emily came out and grimaced at us for our childish behaviour.

“I always knew you were still a kid, and I’m the younger one,” she scolded, laying two piles of clothes on the side.  

            I stopped to listen to hear and Caitlin shoved me in the pool. Then she jumped in after me. We swum for a while messing around when soon enough Stevie joined in, entering bomb style. The moon became high in the sky and I knew soon enough Stevie and Emily would be leaving. They don’t have to shift on the full moon, they can shift when ever but they love to run on that night, their inner wolf compelling them too. She came out to watch us for a while, eventually Stevie urged her to join us.

“I’m going to go finish that cake,” I decided, going inside.

“Yeah I’ll join you, not staying with two girls,” Stevie added.

“Women,” Emily called after us.   

            Stevie and I changed into clothes that were dry and began to make a cake, this time, not a lot of mess was made which was shocking considering its Steve.

“So what mythical creature is she and why is she here?” Stevie asked.

“I don’t know what you mean,” I lied, “She’s my student and her parents are away so she’s staying here.” 

“Oh come on, don’t kind me, she screams mythical, quite new Emily says,” he told me.

“Well I thought she was a mermaid but shes in water now,” I answered.

“Mermaids are aquatic creatures of light. On the day of the full moon, they never transform, basic mermaid knowledge,” he explained.

            I frowned at him; I was shocked he actually knew this. We both looked outside to Emily and Caitlin who were talking at the side of the pool.

“You like her, don’t you,” Stevie said.

“No, I think I’m in love with her.”