Chapter 15- Aaron

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, everything is revealed in this chapter, can't  wait to see what you think.

____________________________

I was sat outside of her door on the floor, waiting until she would come out, every now again calling her name. She wouldn’t answer and if she did, she would just plead for me to go away. 

“Caitlin,” I called for the third time.

“Go away!” she screamed back.

            I sighed again; I padded into my room and sighed again. My mind knew one option to get out of it but would I really do that. I grabbed the keys to her bedroom, knowing she would have locked the door.

“Are you decent, I’m coming in!” I called.

“No I’m naked and go away,” she answered in a shout.

            I shook my head and opened the door anyway. She looked up at me, tears streaking her cheeks and moaned.

“I thought I said I was naked,” she argued, “What would you have done if I was actually naked.”

            I shrugged and sat at the end of her bed. She stuffed her head back into her pillow and carried on crying. I noticed her many shopping bags and headed over to them.

“Come on Caitlin,” I urged, taking an item out of the bag, “You have a nice, bra.”

            I put it back in when I realised what it was. She gave me a look and then put her head back into the pillow. I sighed before heading over to the side of the bed. She continued to sob and I sat beside her.

“Come here,” I sighed.

            She shuffled closer to me and I wrapped my arms around her. She cried into me for a while, trying to pass the thought over. I just held her; there wasn’t much else I could do. I knew she would just cry it out, its how she works. After a while I heard the quiet sobs turn into breaths. A smile reaches my mouth.

“Now do you want to talk about?” I offered.

            She shook her head and I grabbed a tissue. She watched me as I dried her eyes and handed her the tissue. She smiled at me as I stood up and headed out of the room, her following me.

“What do you want for dinner?” I questioned.

            She shrugged and observed as I scanned the fridge for something to make. In the end, I decided on lasagne. She helped me to prepare it, cooking the cheese sauce as I did the bolognaise layer. We laughed for a while, talking about random things. After it was cooking in the oven, we sat at the marble Island.

“So what is the most embarrassing thing you’ve done?” I questioned.

“That’s easy, when I was six, I received a love letter. It was the first one I had ever gotten and I didn’t understand what it was. So I corrected all the spellings and handed it back. It was written in crayon,” she confessed.

            I began to laugh at her and she scolded me. A typical woman.

“I bet you’ve done something,” she argued.

“Er, when I was in high school, it was my first day and I was sat in the canteen. My Mom entered and hugged me before passing me my dinner, you don’t need to know the rest,” he said.

            We both laughed at each others embarrassing tales from our youth when the timer went off. I took the tray out of the oven in one quick motion and served the plate. We took it through to the living room where Caitlin put a film on. Eventually, I soon realised it was one of those sappy girl chic flicks. I was in for a night. Over halfway through she had began sobbing her eyes out at someone dying; I shook my head at her dismay before taking the plates through and washing them up. After, I entered back through to find the film nearly ending and Caitlin sleeping peacefully on the sofa. I picked her up and carried her to the bed. After I had put her down she tugged on my shirt.

“Stay with me,” she muttered.

            I climbed in and laid behind her, she put my arm on her waist and spooned against me. Girls are always clingy after chic flicks but this is too my advantage.

“Night,” she muttered.

“Night,” I replied back.

            We both dropped into a blissful sleep.

* * *

I woke up in the morning to find the sun covering my face. Caitlin was still asleep so I slipped out of bed with out her knowing. As I headed to the bathroom, I noticed her school bag slumped in the corner. I remember what Emily said about their being five pregnancy tests in there. But also, when I found her in the bathroom at school, no matter what she said, I knew she was crying, I saw her slip a box into her bag. My curiosity took the lead, I have to know.

            To my horror, Emily’s prediction was correct. Five tests, four positive, one negative. I heard Caitlin stir in her sleep and I took it as a sign she was waking up. Once she was awake, she padded strait to the wardrobe, totally ignoring me and slipped a jacket on. She turned around to face me, letting her hair fall down to her waist and her mouth opened in horror at what I was holding.

“You had no right to go through my property,” she yelled but then realised what I had actually found and began to stammer, “I…I…can ex…explain.”

“I’d like to see you try,” I answered back.

            She looked down.

“So it’s true, you are pregnant, at seventeen?” I asked.

            She nodded.

“Who is the dad?” I questioned.

            When she stayed silent, I became frustrated.

“For god sake Caitlin, who is the dad?” I asked again, raising my voice a bit.

“You.”