S . C O U P S | Trust

Edited on 27 Feb 2016

You have just returned home, barely able to clean up yourself and Seungcheol has returned home soon after.

Seungcheol tries to fit in his key into the door, and the multiple keys put into a keychain makes loud clankers as the metal pieces knock into each other.

You turn around and head towards the door after putting down the fresh set of clothes you were preparing to wear after a shower. Maybe if Seungcheol is completely worn-out or has too many things to handle, you can share the burden.

"Seungcheol." you smile when his face is visible to you.

But it is not the same for him. Seungcheol looks up and a smile does not greet you, but him rolling his eyes.

You are a little taken aback by his reaction, not to mention that you are rather sensitive even to his little behaviour. So you crease your eyebrows, a couple of concerned thoughts flashing through your mind as you wonder why he is behaving this way.

He catches your attention again, by making an audible snicker, as if he is mocking you.

"Y/N-ah." Seungcheol sigh as slowly closes the door. "Do you think I'll never know what you did?"

You give him a confused expression, because you have completely no idea what he is trying to get at.

"What did I do?" you ask. There is probably nothing much you did that will upset him, and there is no reason why--

"Wonwoo. That dog-like guy. Jinhee saw you with him." he snaps.

You roll your eyes and proceed to fold your arms, clearly inconvinced and barely impressed. Jinhee is another colleague from your working company. From the previous conversations you have had with her, you conclude that she is a really kind person, so she probably told Seungcheol when he asked about it.

"We just went out for lunch and--"

"He's your ex-boyfriend, Y/N. Don't forget that." Seungcheol snarls distastefully, with his teeth gritted together to suppress his inner anger from developing.

"We are just colleages, Seungcheol. There's nothing more between us anymore! I broke up with him and that's it!" You try your hardest to calm down before replying, fearing that a little mistake will lead to an unstoppable fight.

"That's it? Are you that sure that you don't have any feelings for him anymore?" Seungcheol questions. You let out a frustrated groan and finger your hair, letting the strands go through just like the way you let his words get to you.

"Seungcheol." you sigh. "We are married. You should trust me."

But Seungcheol does not seem at all pleased with your answers. He does not see how hard you are trying not to get angry of him, because his own anger is what matters now.

"Oh, I don't know, Y/N." Seungcheols says sacarstically. "This isn't the first time I've heard of you with Wonwoo! Who knows what the two of you have been doing behind my back?"

At some point, you can no longer take his critism anymore. Respect is not even given to you, why should you bother stopping yourself from lashing at him?

"What?" you hiss sharply. You pace towards Seungcheol with fast steps, an a finger taps him on his chest. "Have you seen me doing anything wrong with him? All I did was have lunch with him! We are colleages for fuck's sake!"

He scoffs in disgust. "That gives you the right to become so chummy with that dog?"

"And you have the right to call him a dog? What about you? I just need you to trust me! Why bother marrying me when you don't even trust me--"