W O N W O O | A Break #2

[ A / N : edit: this part has 500+ comments omg ]

The break became a month long. Wonwoo probably felt that it was necessary for you to take a long time to fix your emotions. 

Few months passed and he knew it was not this simple. Wonwoo thought of finding you, but you pushed him away.

Half a year passed soon enough. Wonwoo overcame his heartbreak, thinking that you had decided to go separate ways.

The new year has came faster than the both of you have expected, and something shows up at your doorstep. You have been rather cautious of opening the door, partly hesitant to see Wonwoo. But it has been around six months since he has stopped visiting you.

A gust of wind lashes at you as soon as the door is opened. There Wonwoo stood, his head lowered to look at something in his hands.

"Wonwoo." 

He looks up from the envelope and smiles. "Annyeong Y/N."

Your brow twitches at the way he calls you. The last few times he has been showing up at your doorstep were not this awkward. Oh--He is no longer calling you 'jagiya'.

"Come in." you say and push the door wider. Wonwoo brushes past you as he enters your apartment. His presence suddenly feels so familiar again. Is it time to forgive him?

You settle down on the couch after him. Your gaze fall to your hands that rest on your lap. 

"Wonwoo-yah." you whisper. "I think it's time we stop this."

Wonwoo looks at you in pure confusion, his head tilted to a side as you has his brows furrowed.

"What do you mean? I--"

"I forgive you." you breathe softly.

The latter seems rather amused until he bursts out laughing.

You stare at him with desperate eyes, completely not able to understand why he is laughing like this. He wants your forgiveness, doesn't he? Isn't that what he has been searching for the past year?

He proceeds to shake his head silently before putting a hand on your shoulder. "It's fine, Y/N."

"Wonwoo!" you gasp at his reaction.

"I came to pass you this." 

"What..."

Your eyes widen at the envelope that now rests on your hands.

"It's our wedding invitation." Wonwoo sighs as you pull out the inner letter. The pale rice-coloured letter is laced with a ribbon along the edge, just like how you liked. But they are not as important as the contents--

Wonwoo x Kyungji

"K-Kyungji." you stutter, your voice almost cracking when you read the bride's name.

"Oh, you met her before." Wonwoo smiles as he pulls out another item from the envelope and place it above the letter in your hands. "Remember? That day you walked away from me-- Yea...I guess that's her."

"So she's Kyungji?" Didn't you say you will wait?

"Yea, we are getting married next week." Or is a year too long? "We expect you to come."

Your lips remain parted as you look at the photo. In the image, Wonwoo is kissing Kyungji with his hands resting on his waist. The bride's wedding dress is beautiful, the exact same one which Wonwoo used to point out whenever the both of you passed by the wedding dress shop.

"Oh." 

He smiles and puts an arm over your shoulders. "You will come, right?"

.