J O S H U A | Cold

Your arms sprawl over the messy contents of your office desk, too tired to care about your uncompleted tasks.

People always ask you of your job. It is a job not to be proud of, yet one that is enough to support your daily life. It may be tiring helping people to run errands. So you always tell yourself, it is a form of exercise, just to keep yourself positive about it.

Though sometimes, when you are lucky you actually get to sit down at your 'desk' for a few seconds or so. But today, you are especially lucky to be able to take a nap--

Opps.

The ringtone blasts out a full volume and alerts the office workers nearby your desk. Wheres on the other hand, you are barely awake though you can still hear a faint sound of the ringtone.

"Y/N!"

"It's noisy!"

"Turn it off!"

Your body is reluctant to wake up, and then you register that it is your phone's ringtone.

At some point, you have awaken against all odds and the answered phone is held to your ear.

"Oh, Y/N-ah!" The speaker on the other side of the phone sounds excited and you tilt your head to a side, eyes closed and barely awake.

"Y/N?"

"Y/N!"

"Oh!" you gasp and jerk up in surprise at the sudden loudness of his voice.

"What's wrong? Are you okay? I'll be over really fast." His voice laces with concern which brings a small smile to your face.

"It's alright, Ji." you reply softly. "No worries."

There is a momentary silence and now it is your turn to wait for him.

"You sound so tired." he finally says.

"I do." It is a matter of fact.

"How about you take some time off work?" Jisoo suggests.

You flutter your eyes for a second or so, still processing his words with your half-asleep mind. Then his words seems to make sense.

"I can?" you exclaim, a little too loud for someone who have just woke up from a nap.

Jisoo hums a reply, just to his expectation, you begin cheering and exclaiming. He is sure that you are doing your own celebratory dance as well.

"I'll be there in half an hour." he says and you know he is glancing at the watch you gave him on his last birthday. "So Y/N-ah, you wait at your desk for now first."

"Okay but Jisoo, I have to go to the convenience store to get something."

"Why? To get some food for me?" he says and you know he is grinning from ear to ear.

You roll your eyes jokingly and spit back. "No, Jisoo, I'm getting food for myself."

"Don't you love me?"

"Of course I love you!" you exclaim. His questions offends you a little, but you brush it off.

"Then get me some kimbab." Jisoo orders.

"N. O. No."

"Are you kimbab kidding me?" he growls.

You giggle and beam childishly, a habit of yours that you are unable to get rid of. "Maybe."

"Yah!" Jisoo shouts, which only triggers your laughter more. "Get me some kimbab!"

"Okay, okay! I will!" you laugh uncontrollably as you throw yourself on your feet.