M I N G Y U | Two Sides of Him

It happened within a split second, and now your body lays motionless on the concrete floor. The pain is still evident, from your head spinning to the heavy impact of your spine against the floor when you collapse. But the main point is your skull...the pain stings at the roof of your skull, from the impact of the wooden planks falling from the shelf to your head eventually.

Mingyu stands there, his eyes brimming with shock. The blood streams down at the sides of your skull, making a pool around your head. Your eyes are still open, though they are half-lidded, he can finally make eye contact with you from the past conversations he tried.

They are not exactly conversations.

Maybe, just...words that make your day a mess. At some point, his words no longer affect you. The words are repeated over and over again whenever he sees you, and he will definitely delibrately knock into your shoulder or something. Though you already expected such actions from him, you are still sometimes taken aback. New tricks are always up to his sleeves, and you can never be prepared enough for them.

For some reason, he seems to be able to make your feelings a catastrophe, going up and down like a roller coaster.

He is someone you admired. Not until you know who he exactly is. Unlike the kind and caring student teachers always know of him, he is someone who made your life miserable. Maybe not just miserable, it is like living in hell.

He has two sides of him.

And you are the only one who know of it.

That is why...

You witnessed it before. He is a murderer.

But it is nothing similar to the model student he is in school.

It would have been better if you never saw the incident.

But you remember...that you saw him clenching tightly onto a blood-stained knife...and the lifeless body on the floor which belonged to your schoolmate.

If you were not wrong, that schoolmate was someone Mingyu always bullied. And similarly, you were the only one who witnessed it.

And when he saw you that night, you knew your fate.

There you are, always the first to rush out of the classroom the second the bell rings. You do not even bother to greet the teacher, because you have only a reason to leave as fast as you can-----to avoid Mingyu.

"Sorry!" The apology comes too fast to even be qualified as one, after your shoulder is attacked by a stronger person, causing you to lunge forward.

Your elbows and knees make contact with the floor, of course, under the heavy impact. A soft whimper leaves your lips, partly of the pain and why you were not able to avoid Mingyu.

"Are you okay?" he asks. There he goes again. "I'm really sorry, I didn't see you." Oh really?

Mingyu extends his arm and you stare at it for a moment. You raises his eyebrows and averts your attention to his face.

"Comon', don't glare at me like this and accept my apology." 

No, no, Y/N. You know exactly what he is up to. Two years with him, they are not for nothing. He is probably going to slam you back on the floor--

You do and just like how you expected, you are being thrown against the wall. A loud scream scratches your throat, making you wondering how you can actually make such a sound.

Mingyu bends down to your eye level, not speaking a word. You run a hand through your hair and raise your spinning head, glaring at him. His eyes are so cold...