J O S H U A | The Truth

[ A / N : I just got back from Malaysia~ My grandmother's culinary skills are no joke XD ]

Your eyes fall to his hand, with your hand under his. A smile tugs your smile like how he tugs your heartstrings all the time. Even like this, a little gesture of him is enough to make you smile. You are easily contented, it does not take much for him to be able see your smile.

And that is why,

he may be taking you for granted.

"Y/N-ah." Jisoo snaps you out of your daze, though his voice is still a soothing melody to you at times.

Now that he has capture your attention, Jisoo gives your hand a squeeze, an imitation to show how his heart feels whenever you are by his side.

"Don't think about it," he mumbles, as if he knows exactly what you are thinking. "I won't walk away."

"Why?" you ask. You raise your head, locking gazes with Jisoo. He creases his eyebrows, a little confused by your one-word question.

"W-What's that supposed to mean?"

His stare becomes a little stronger and you let your gaze fall to the floor, whilst you chew your bottom lip, a habit whenever you are uneasy.

"Why will you not leave me?" Your voice may sound strong, but the subtle tremble in your voice is still evident to him.

A look of relief flushes over his angelic facial features and a hand runs through his hair, which captures your attention. His hair is a darker shade of brown, his messy hair sticking out in all directions which surprisngly makes him much more attractive.

Just as you are staring at him, his stronger arms reach out to your body after his hand slips out of yours. Warmth embrace your petite body and your cheek come into contact with his chest, of course with the thin fabric in between.

"That's because I love you, silly." he whispers, sending shivers down your spine. You take a while to process his words, and that is all you need;

his feelings towards you.

.

.

.

Probably one "I love you" was enough. But when time passes, you found yourself to become more greedy.

His words alone were no longer able to make you contented. There were much more you wanted.

Like how the social media portrays the images of other couples as inseparable and being willing to do anything for each other, you felt tempted.

You wanted more than him just comfirming his love for you. You needed him to show his feelings towards you through actions.

Presents were a thing. He was not even that rich to begin with. He earned just enough to feed you and him, not to mention paying the rental expense monthly.

Somehow, like you demanded, those presents came easily to you. But you never thought how much he had to go through.

And then you demanded for a private apartment for just the both of you. The rented apartment was no longer enough to please you and your wants.

The rusty doorframes, peeling wallpapers and cracked floor tiles, they were an eyesore to you. You wanted better things.

Somehow, you went to Jisoo like expected. He did not have much savings anymore after buying you branded goods from time to time.