Part 35: Conclude「Takahiro」

Part 35: Conclude

I was abruptly woken by police officers. I didn't know what was happening. Before I knew it, I was dragged out of the house by officers.

"Where is Yuki?" I asked the officer to my right.

"I don't think it's best you be near him." He glares, and shoves me into the back of the police car.

"What's going on?!" I asked in hope that they would tell me.

"Shut up." The officer said.

======

I was taken to the station, and into an interrogation room. I didn't know what the fuck was going on. Did they think I did something to Ita?

"So what made you stab your roommate?" The detective across the table asked.

"I didn't stab him. Who the hell came to that conclusion? I was asleep."

"Because he put sleeping medicine in your drink. He said you stabbed him in the arm, and was abusive."

Did Yuki really try to frame me for something I didn't do because I wanted to break up with him? I was pissed. He won't get away with such a false accusation.

"I did shit. There is no proof that I even did that."

"We have the knife that was used. It was in your hand when we found you. DNA results say there is more than one blood type on the knife." He looks at me suspiciously.

"I did shit. I've never killed anyone or stab anyone."

"Where is your ex girlfriend?" The detective shot me that question that made my blood run cold.

"I haven't seen her."

"When was the last time?"

"She came to visit the bakery where Yuki worked at. If anything, you should be questioning him, and not me." I was adamant on them focusing on Yuki. He's the more likely culprit of everything.

"We will look at him later, but right now you seem to be the center of this whole stabbing incident."

"I didn't do shit! You can check the evidence throughly!"

"Sir relax. We will look at the evidence, but you would have to stay here for the rest of the night."

"What?! Why?!"

"It's protocol sir." The detective looked pretty annoyed.

The two guards took my arms, and lead me out the room. I spotted Yuki being escorted by two other officers. Our eyes met, and he had a small grin on his lips. My face got red from anger.

As we approached each other, I jumped him, and punched the shit out of him. He cries out, and the guards held me back.

"Yuki is the one that did this! I did nothing to him!" I screamed.

The guards got me off him, and dragged me to a cell. This wasn't seriously happening right? How can they do this when they have no proof?

======

I was let out the next day. They had evidence against me, but they weren't completely sure it was accurate evidence. They told me the same old bullshit about staying in town, and all that.

I went home to find Yuki opening the door. He smiles slightly. "Come in."

I stepped in, and glared at him. "Are you fucking nuts? If I go to jail, you know you will have that guilt. I'm innocent."