Part 27: Christmas「Takahiro」

Part 27: Christmas

"Takahiro!" My parents ran to embrace me. My mother wraps her scarf around me.

"No need mom." I pushed it away.

"No no you must!" My mother was a persistent woman. No one really lost to her. I guess I got my tough exterior because of her.

"Let's go let's go!" My father helps me with my luggage.

"Yeah man." I started walking with them back to their car. Who knew taking a train would be that exhausting.

======

I called Yuki later that night once everyone was asleep. He didn't pick up the first three times, and finally he did around 11:00 at night.

"Hey Takahiro." He says.

"Hey. Why didn't you pick up? Everything okay?"

"Mhm yes." He sounds alright. He didn't seem to be upset or anything.

"Okay, I just wanted to check up on you. What are you doing?" I went to sit on the balcony. It was pretty chilly where I was. Hopefully Yuki turned on the heat.

"Eating." I could hear him chewing on the other end.

"Wow you eat?! It's so late though."

"I didn't get a chance to eat much since I had work. I just got home actually."

"Why were you out until now?"

"I was with Chisa. I went to hang out with her."

"You guys didn't go out to eat?" I questioned.

"Not really. I mean we went to the movies, and I don't like popcorn so I didn't eat."

"What are you eating now?" I smiled, and asked. It was nice hearing he is trying to improve his health.

"I'm eating a salad. It isn't something big." He chuckles.

"You should go eat some cake, and gain weight." I joked.

"I only wish to eat you." He snickers.

"Ah smooth." I chuckled back.

"How's your family?"

I looked around the room. "They are okay. Hype as always. I think we are exchanging gifts tomorrow."

"Oh! What did you get them?!" He seemed rather interested.

"I got my mom this robe she has been eyeing. Eh I got my dad this watch. Nothing too special."

"Oh...well at least you celebrate. I don't at all." His voice was timid.

"Aw well we can when I get back."

"Really?!"

"Yeah of course." I thought for a bit. Why was it that Yuki even liked me. I mean I have bad grades, I do rebellious things, and I'm just a plain slob. It can't be my body. It's not like I'm even vain or confident in that sense.

"Takahiro?"

"Sorry. I was just thinking. Why do you even like me?"

"Because you always look out for me even when you don't know it. When I hated you, you still did things to benefit me. No one has ever done that so I really like you because of that."

I smiled to myself. It felt weird having someone praise me in such a way. I guess meeting Yuki has made me a more caring person.

"You're cute. You know that right?"