Part 28: Guilt「Takahiro」

Part 28: Guilt

"I'm home." I yawned while entering my door at 2:00 in the morning. Yuki was probably sleeping. Luckily I didn't yell out like I normally did.

I quietly made my way upstairs, and to my room. I could hear Yuki breathing softly. He was sleeping soundly on my bed.

I walked a bit closer, and saw he was hugging one of my shirts. My face got slightly flustered. Yuki was pretty god damn cute.

I sat down, and planted a kiss on his forehead, and his eyes slowly opened.

"Taka....?"

"Mhm."

He quickly sits up, and blushes as he tosses the shirt away. "I was doing laundry, and fell asleep."

"Ah is that so?" I smirked.

"Well..I'm not angry anymore. I'm sorry for the other time we spoke."

"It's fine." I wanted to lie, and tell him that I told my parents, but I couldn't do it. I couldn't lie to him.

"I got you something." He points to a box on the night stand.

"Oh?" I went to retrieve the box.

"Open it...."

I opened the box to find a scarf. I almost wanted to burst out laughing, but I kept it in, and just chuckled.

"Funny because I got you one too." I handed him the box. His face was surprised.

"Oh?" He opens it, and smiles. "I love it."

"Yuki I will...tell my family next time I visit them." I thought about it deeply.

"Okay." He nods, and smiles. "Thank you. It really means a lot." He touches my hand.

"Yes of course. I'm going to bed now okay? I'm tired as hell."

He kisses my cheek. "Okay." He smiles.

======

I woke up hearing the tv blasting the news. I rubbed my eyes, and saw murders on the screen. What was this chaos? "What's going on?"

"Apparently this morning some witness saw a old guy killing this young teenage couple. Apparently he escaped in time." Yuki's expression grew dim. "I am scared being here now." He bites on his fingernails.

"Hey it won't happen. I will protect you." I went up to him, and hugged him from behind.

"But older guys have more knowledge of combat..."

"Hmm...I can try my best. Don't worry too much."

Yuki's cellphone began ringing. He quickly grabs it, and answers. "Hello?"

I heard him saying simple things until he finally hung up. He looks over at me. "We need to go to the police station."

"Why?" I was highly confused. We hadn't done anything wrong.

"It's involving Ita."

======

"When was the last time you saw him?" The police officer was questioning Yuki as I stood by in the other room with the officers. I wonder if Yuki knew I was watching, and hearing him from behind this one-way mirror.

"I saw him at work. He seemed a bit ill." Yuki had his hands folded, and he seemed pretty nervous. I would be too. This must be nerve wrecking for him.

"Did he say where he was going after your shift?"

"He left early, and said he wanted to go home. That was the last time I saw him. The next day Satoshi came over to where I live to tell me that..." Yuki suddenly stops speaking.