Part 32: Ink「Takahiro」

Part 32: Ink

I had a horrible headache when I woke up. Did I really tell Yuki I like him? I was completely unsure of my feelings.

I looked to my right, and saw Yuki sleeping soundly next to me. I slowly tried to get off the bed, but Yuki had woken, and grabbed my arm. He smiles slightly. "Good morning." His voice was mad low, and cracky.

"Oh yeah hey." I smiled nervously.

"Ita is dead...I dreamed of him."

"Eh? Are you okay?"

"Yeah. Are you going out today?"

"Well no..did you want to spend the day together?" I knew I was digging my own grave.

"Sure. What did you want to do?"

"I'm in the mood for a baseball game." I had that urge to want to go to a game. I didn't know if Yuki was interested in such a thing.

"Sure I guess." He didn't seem to like the idea, but didn't protest against it.

I watched him carefully. Isn't he going to tell me something? He looked like he had a lot on his mind. "Yuki, are you okay?"

"Yeah. I am." He smiles.

"If you don't want to go, just let me know."

"I do."

"Let's get something to eat first then." I suggested. We hadn't eaten since we woke up, and he looked hungry.

"Sure." He kept his head hung low. Something was up.

======

We entered the baseball stadium. Yuki insisted that he wasn't that hungry, and wouldn't mind just chowing down on snacks in the stadium.

Luckily I had the tickets ahead of time. I was originally going to invite Ai, but decided it was better to spend time with Yuki.

I watched as Yuki sat down in discomfort. There were a lot of sweaty fat older men surrounding us. They were clearly die hard fans due to their face paints, and flags.

"Sorry for the seats." I would of switched with Yuki, but I had a vulgar man next to me as well so it wouldn't have made a difference.

"It's okay."

"Would you like a corn dog?" I asked.

"What's that?" He tilts his head in confusion.

"It looks like an edible penis." I laughed.

Yuki didn't crack a smile as he usually would. What was on his mind? I didn't want to ask at this moment. I was in fear of his reaction. 

"Well I'll try whatever." He shrugs.

I decided to be generous, and order hot dogs, pretzels, and corn dogs. It was rare for me to eat such American food.

"Here." I handed him his portion. Yuki hesitantly took it. He took the corn dog, and bit off the tip. He scrunched up his face. I could tell he wasn't a fan of corn dogs. I couldn't help, but chuckle.

"It's so...plain, and salty." Yuki said looking very displeased.

"Well that's how they are. I personally like them." I chuckled.

"Then you may have mine." He looks at the hot dog, and takes a bite. His reaction was the same. "This is the same, but with different outer coating."

"You aren't into this either? I mean I'll happily take them, but what the hell." I laughed.

"I'm not a fan of American food." He mumbles.