Part 11: Lost「Takahiro」

Part 11: Lost

"Can we still be friends?" Reika asked over the phone.

"Yeah." I looked out the window. Where the hell is Yuki at? I didn't think he had friends to hang with.

"Are you even listening?"

"Yeah sorry. I'm just waiting for my cousin."

"Well it seems you are always doing something now."

"That is because I am." I lit up a cigarette, and smoked it. Her nagging was giving me a headache even after I broke up with her. What kind of shit is that?

"Whatever. I will just go."

"I am not feeling bad about our breakup. Stop pulling that guilt card on me." I can't stand when girls would do that.

"I'm not."

"But you are."

"You never do anything for me."

That ticked me off. I was the one that spoiled her rotten with expensive things. I was the one that gave her a chance, and stayed with her.

"Fuck off bitch." I hung up, and tossed my cellphone on the couch. I let out a breath of smoke. I can't stand that bitch. I can't stand people that dare say such ridiculous things when things don't go their way.

My cellphone started ringing again. If it was Reika wanting to scream at me, I will just ignore her. I got up, and went to my cellphone. The caller ID was an unknown number. I had never seen this number before. Surely it wasn't Reika. I picked it up.

"Hello?"

"Can you come get me at the bookstore." I heard Yuki.

"Why are you there?"

"Just come get me." His voice was irritating.

I hung up, and punched the sofa. I'm sick of these bitches giving me an attitude every time I showed any signs of concern.

I decided not to give a fuck anymore. I will pick up the bastard, and that was it.

======

I got home, and decided to go to bed instantly. I left Yuki some leftovers on the counter. My mood was not good enough to talk to him.

I couldn't remember much since I actually dozed off, but then Yuki came into my room, and approached me with questions if I was alright. It was a weird act for him to do that. I completely disregarded his concerns, and snapped.

I didn't know if it was because I snapped or my lack of care tonight that made him tell me who his assaulter was. Koji Sawara. I didn't know what to make of it. I knew Sawara was a freak, but I didn't know he was that freaky. I told Yuki I will handle it, but I didn't even know how. Most of this stuff isn't my business, and I will get into some serious shit if I get myself involved.

======

I held the door for Yuki as he walked out the apartment. "Hey." I took his arm.

"Yeah?"

"You don't have to go to school if you don't want to."

"What?"

"Shoji told me about you screaming for help yesterday."

His face got pale, and he looked disturbed. "Oh yeah..."

"What happened?"

"He...cut me."

"Where?"

"My arm, but I patched it up last night." He touches his arm.

I let go of him. "Sorry did I hurt you?"