Part 5: Professor「Yuki」

Part 5: Professor

School was pretty depressing. All my classes felt like a drag. My teachers weren't the nicest either. Only Mr. Sawara showed any signs of kindness towards me. I felt detached to the world, and mostly in school.

I entered Mr. Sawara's class, and he smiles at me. "Good morning Yuki."

In a way, I was glad he was my first period class since I did enjoy his class most out of the others. He actually greeted me, and it made me happy.

"Morning." I said, and went to my seat. He follows me from behind.

"No one gave you problems this morning right?" He asked as he leans on the wall.

"Nope." I took out my homework.

"Good. Like I said, if they do, do not be scared to tell me."

"I will."

"No you won't." He chuckles.

"How did you know?"

"Because I wouldn't either. I guess men don't want to ask for help. It is in our nature."

He was right. I wanted to be manly, but I could never achieve that title. I guess I will always be a weakling in the end.

"Well you can talk to me if anything is on your mind. Got that?" He smiles.

"Sure."

"Smile more, and make friends kid." He walks away to his desk. I didn't know how to react. I hate smiling. I hate it.

Chisa walked in, and sat down next to me. She scoots over to give me a hug, and I instantly backed away. Her face shown she was offended. "Gee sorry. I enjoy hugging my friends. Maybe we should hang out more first." She smiles. "Sorry, I can be quite obnoxious when meeting new friends."

"It's okay. I am sorry for that. I've never gotten a hug before."

"Never?! What about your friends, and family?"

"Nope."

"Well I will give you tons of hugs when we get closer. Then we can be best friends." She giggles to herself.

A part of me felt hopeful since someone actually wants to befriend me in this class. This first period class was by far my favorite out of all my classes, period. The teacher is nice, and the girl next to me is friendly too. Maybe this school year will be slightly better than last year.

"Yuki, meet me after class." The teacher called out to me.

"Are you in trouble?" Chisa asked.

"I don't think so. I think it is about the past assignments."

"Oh right! If you need any help at all, please ask me."

"Thank you." I nodded.

"You should smile." She looks at me, and smiles wide. "Like me."

"Maybe." Why does everyone keep saying that?

"I will make you smile for sure." She pokes my face.

This girl is so playful. I have never met anyone like that before. All the girls I had spoken to were bitches. I smiled on the inside. I was kinda happy.

======

When the class wrapped up, I approached Mr. Sawara's desk. He looked at me, and then the students. "Wait until they are gone." He says.

"Okay." I stood there awkwardly until the classroom was cleaned out of students.

"So Yuki, are you getting the material?" He stands up, and walks up in front of me.