Part 24: Release「Takahiro」

Part 24: Release

Yuki has been going to work a lot. I'm happy he got a lot of hours. He seems to get along just fine with Ita. Could Ita be Satoshi's friend? I didn't remember the name Satoshi kept bringing up.

Along the lines of Satoshi, I haven't seen him. He came by, and I was understanding. I didn't really need him to pay me back at this point. Right now I'm more so concerned for what's going on with him.

I turned on the tv, and of course I saw crime reports, and all that bullshit.

"Koji Sawara has been released today. No further reports will be announced at this time." The news lady spoke.

Released? How? I instantly thought of Yuki. He's out there by himself. I didn't waste any time, and got my motorcycle keys.

======

I made it to the bakery. To my surprised, Yuki was the only one working in the front. He looked surprised, and smiles. "Hey." He says.

"Sawara. They released him." I told him.

His eyes widen, and he looked bothered. "Ah...why?"

"I don't know. You know they don't disclose that information out until later. I'll be with you at all times."

Yuki looked rather sad. "He's going to kill me."

"Not if I'm around you."

"Excuse me Yuki, no chatting." The manger lady came out from the back.

"Sorry." Yuki bows.

"Yuki I'll stay here until your shift is done." I suggested.

"Alright." He smiles slightly. "Thank you Takahiro."

I sat myself at one of the tables, and laid my head down. I wished I had a phone so I could contact people. I needed the money first.

Yuki walks over to me, and hands me his cellphone. He smiles. "Here, you may be bored."

It was like he read my mind." I felt that warm feeling in my chest, and smiled. "Thank you." I took the phone.

"Let's get you a new one soon. I want to text you sometimes."

"Okay." I chuckled. "You're awfully calm."

"Because you are here. If you weren't, I would be freaking out."

"Well being a protector is nice." I chuckled.

"I'm sorry I'm so weak." He sighs.

"No it's okay really. You should get back to work. I'll be fine."

"Alright. I'll be done soon hopefully." He walks off.

I watched him walk. He walked so graciously. I could tell Yuki is a perfectionist. That's good since I'm a slob.

======

I ended up falling asleep. Lately my sleep hasn't been at its best.

Yuki walks up to me, and smiles. "I'm done. Let's go."

"Okay." I rubbed my eyes, and began walking towards my motorcycle. "So Yuki, where is Ita?"

"He's sick so I had to work alone. It feels weird being alone here."

"Did you want to visit?"

He looked off, and zoned out a bit. I waved my hand over his face.

"Yes?" He snaps out of his daze.

"Did you want to visit?"

"No I'm okay. I don't think it would be ideal if I got sick too."

"You're right. Let's just get home before shit happens."