Part 22: Kazuo「Yuki」

Part 22: Kazuo

I woke up early, and got to work. This was my first day at the bakery, and I was excited. This year will be a better year. I know it.

I woke to see Takahiro still sleeping. He sleeps a lot. He looks so peaceful. I blushed looking at him. I couldn't believe I admitted to him that I liked him, and he accepted me. My heart felt at ease when I'm with him. Maybe this is love? I shook my head, and got up to leave.

======

I walked to the bakery, and made it there on time. Ita was already opening up. He sees me, and smiles. "Hey Yuki!" He goes to open the door.

"Hi." I let out a small smile.

"Here is your uniform. I can't wait to start working with you."

"Me too." I took the uniform.

"You can change in the back room." He points to the back hallway with two doors at the end. One had a male sign, and one had a female sign.

"Okay." I nodded, and went.

I came out with a simple black shirt, and pants, and an apron. It was pretty fancy for a bakery. I looked very professional. I liked it.

"Let me show you the ropes." Ita starts showing me how to work the cash register, and how to prepare the pastries. It was a new learning experience, and I was having a good time. I really enjoy baking, and cooking.

During the middle of my shift, I had gotten a phone call from an unknown number. I picked it up, and heard it was Takahiro.

He told me there has been some sort of shooting at the school. My heart sunk, and I was worried about Takahiro. What if something would of happened to him instead?

"Are you okay?" Ita looked at me with concern.

"Yeah..." My face drained of color, but I didn't want to let it affect my work.

======

I went to the market during my lunch break to pick up some Kachi chicken. I wanted to make something good for Takahiro since he's working so hard, and this might be a good step in being together. I still couldn't believe we are together after so much hate.

I went back to work until Takahiro decided to come pick me up. I enjoyed seeing him concerned for me. I found it silly since I told him I am not going to go back to school for some time.

We walked home, and I prepared him a special dish. I wanted to cook bad. I wanted to be a decent person. I wanted to eat something nice for once in my life. I must learn.

Takahiro seemed to love my cooking. I made many different dishes from meat dishes to noodles to desserts. I wanted to broaden my horizons in the culinary world, and I did after many weeks of reading cookbooks. My life was simple. I really enjoyed reading, and because of this job, I can finally have the money to spend it on books, and paying rent with Takahiro. My life seemed to be getting better by the day. Maybe moving here was a good choice.

======

Saturday Takahiro had work so I was left at home alone. I decided it was a good chance to roam around the city as I always did.

I got dressed, and started walking around. The sun was out, but the air was chilly. My hands felt a bit numb. I'm so weak that it annoyed me sometimes.

Approaching the city was always an adventure. There would still be people staring at me like I'm weird, and it made me self conscious still.