Part 25: Vanish「Takahiro」

Part 25: Vanish

I kept my promise to Yuki, and we went camping on Saturday. He was pretty thrilled to be going. I decided to be generous, and bought him a couple jackets, and clothes to keep him warm. My income was pretty decent anyway.

"I can't wait." He smiles as he shoves socks into the suitcase.

"It's only two days. No need to bring a closet." I chuckled.

"But this will be my first time going. I can't help, but be overly prepared." He goes to get some cookbooks, and throws them into the suitcase.

"Why would you need that?"

"I like reading them. I want to be a chef one day." He blushes. "I took what you said in consideration. Maybe I may pursue that one day."

"I'm proud. You should." I chuckled.

"Let's go." He zips everything up.

I went to fetch my car keys. I never really used my car unless I had to go to work. I prefer my motorcycle a lot more.

======

During the car ride, Yuki was checking his phone a lot. It made me somewhat curious. "Who you text?" I asked.

"No one. Just checking on the news forum. Apparently the news on Guncho is more detailed now. They said he was cut opened at the scene of the crime, and his insides were mysteriously gone. What an odd case."

My stomach began feeling nauseous. "They are trying to pull a Jack The Ripper case aren't they?"

"Well I suppose so."

"Who the hell would want to see his insides?"

"Someone sick, and demented. I don't want to talk about this. It may ruin our trip." He locks his phone.

"Yeah you're right. Let's not think about that for now." I kept my mouth shut, and continued driving.

======

We set a small tent in the forest. Yuki was admiring the forest more so than I was. "We should catch fish." He suggested.

"I didn't bring fishing rods." I frowned.

"We don't need that. Back when I was younger, I caught fish with my hands. I guess I hung out in the wild too much." He chuckles.

"Really? Even I can't do that." I looked at the river. I didn't know how to swim. It was in my best interest to keep that to myself.

"Most people don't. I'm just weird. Let's go." He pulls my hand towards the lake. This was the first time I've seen Yuki so excited. It was quite enjoyably to watch him. I smiled as he starts folding up his jeans.

"I will just sit, and watch. I don't think I can catch one." I scratched my head.

"You can if you tried."

"I'm strong, but slow." I laughed.

"I guess we balance out nicely." He starts walking towards the water, and looks carefully down at the stream.

"Good luck."

Yuki quickly dips his hand under the water, and pulls out a fish. I was shocked at how quick he was. He did it multiple times, and caught a decent amount. Yuki's pretty skilled in a lot of things. He was smart, quick, neat, can cook, and is a fast learner. If any girl took the chance to talk to him, he would totally be a ladies man. Luckily I had that luxury of calling him my own.

I sat as I watched him. Did I actually like Yuki or was I doing this out of pity? I did feel myself growing fond of him. That feeling is surely inevitable.