Turn of Events - Chapter 1

CHAPTER 1

Arianna’s POV:

*sigh*

Yet another day of school.

Boring school.

I don’t know why I even try…

I’m not pretty, I’m not popular and I only have one friend.( I think two)

I think of all this as I walk the somewhat crowded halls of South ridge high.

All the same grey lockers, no sense of individuality or flair, all lined up neatly by the pale white walls.

A sudden burst of familiar laughter drew me out of my train of thought!

“Kind of pathetic don’t you think?”

There she was, Leona Fiss. Model thin, a bitch and oh so drop dead gorgeous! She was surrounded by her usual posse of girls, who looked almost like her, or well they were trying to be. Standing like mannequins, their eyes darted daggers at me as they scanned me from head to toe.

“What is your deal Leona? Why can’t you just leave me alone and go do your make up or something.” I retorted.

“Oh well isn’t that sweet. I don’t think you understand that this is quite funny, YOU are the most unpopular girl in school Arianna, and so making fun of you is just part of my normal routine. DEAL WITH IT!” She came up close to my face and lowered her voice.

“I don’t know why that ugly bitch Skye hangs out with you, I mean look at you. You look like a baby whale. I bet she only does it so when you two walk together she looks better than you.”

I started clenching my fists ready for a fight, but I knew I would get in trouble so I decided to cool down. A small crowd had started to gather around. Leona stood back with a smirk on her face waiting for me to say something. Instead, I just run away.

Reaching my locker, I got my books for 1st period. As I was jamming my books in, a warm face came into sight.

“Well morning Miss Grumpy.”

“Oh hey Skye.” I answered

“Oh hey now, did that bitch Fiss piss you off again? I swear, I thought she would’ve stopped when I pulled out her extensions and shoved them in her mouth, but I guess not. I should shave her head this time. She has issues.  Are you ok?”  She looked at me sympathetically.  The thing I love about Skye is that she’s crazy. She just speaks her mind and things magically happen for her.

“I’m glad to have you as a best friend. And yeah thanks I’m fine. I was about to go H.A.M on her but decided to keep my cool. Where’s Michael? He usually walks you to your locker.” Pulling her hair into a ponytail, she responded.

“Oh, he had to go to class early today, extra credit.” I closed my locker and we began to walk to class.

As we walked down the halls to French, I couldn’t help but notice that ever since Skye and I were best friends in the 3rd grade, they always just seemed to notice her. For example like right now. We’ve barely taken 20 steps and more than 10 people have said hi – to her, not me-. It’s like I’m invisible, except I’m not because I’m fat! I just wish things could turn around and people notice me too, in a good way of course. But we can all dream *sigh*

Skye’s POV:

All these damn people are so rude. Can’t they notice that Arianna is standing right next to me. All they do is say hi to me and I can’t help but feel horrible about it. It’s not like I can tell the whole school to say hi to her, let alone like her. It’s so hard being in high school.

* * * *

During lunch Arianna and I headed for our usual table and had a little chat as we waited for the guys. They soon appeared, Michael giving me a kiss on the cheek and Tyler sitting opposite him. Michael and Tyler do everything together, just like me and Arianna, they’re best friends. It’s sad that we can’t double date because Tyler doesn’t really like Arianna, but if he did it would be awesome.

“Hey ladies” Tyler spoke, Jamming his fork into his fries.

“Hey” Arianna replied quietly. I hate when she creates awkward silences like this. Now I have to say something.

“Hey Ty, can I have some of your fries? They look good.” I asked.

“Don’t you want your boyfriends’ instead?” He laughed.

“Whatever, be a bitch like that. When the day comes, you’ll need me.” I conclude. He sticks his tongue out at me.

“So babe, you going for practice today? Because Ari and I need to go to the mall, so I can’t stay today.” I smiled at Michael.

“That’s alright, I’ll miss you though.” He pouted.

“Yeah, but you’ll see me tonight won’t you…” I winked.

 I stopped for a second and tilted my head to see both of them staring in shock as I said that out in public.

“I’m sorry guys, you should never have to hear or see that ever in your life.” I blushed.

Michael interrupted.

“Especially what happens after those words are said” *cough cough* 

With a disgusted look on his face, Tyler shoved the plate of fries over to me…

“They’re all yours!” He said. We all laughed at his silly remark as I blissfully shoved a few into my mouth.

 * * * * * * * * * * ** * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ** *

 So there you go guys. New story started. I’ll be updating every Sunday. Vote and Comment. Tell me what you think.

 :)