1.7 | Weird

Harry
I sat in my room, while my speaker played the melody of Sonata Pathétique by Ludwig Van Beethoven. The mixture got me into such a studying mood. I had my binders open on my bed as I sat there going over the notes from today's lessons.
When my studying was interrupted by a knock on the door. I look towards my door, and huff in frustration. How was I going to get any work done with constantly being interrupted. It was slightly annoying.
"Come in," I yelled. In walked Liam with Bella in his hands.
"She wanted to come in," he smiled. I nod as I try to go back to my studies. Then he spoke again. "Look Harry what's going on with you and Niall?"
I look up from my papers as I search the look on Liam's face.
"Why would you think somethings going on? Did someone tell you anything?" I acted defensive, and Liam saw right through that.
"Simple question Harry, do you like him? Or anything? You could tell me," he assures me. I decided to laugh that one out.
"No, why would you think that?" I fake laugh.
"Well, you and Niall both have been acting weird. Yesterday he wanted to go to school early, for some odd season. Then I see your name pop on his phone which makes him act all giddy and what not. Then we're eating dinner yesterday and you get a text from Niall, and you have that smile on your face. I don't know Harry you both are overly happy by the mention of each other's name. I thought I'd ask," he raises his hands in defeat.
"Well nothing to worry about Liam, just picking up a new friend." I laugh. Liam exhaled extremely loud. He wasn't buying it.
"Okay Harry, but you can tell me anything. You know that?" He gives me a weak smile.
"I know Liam, can I get back to my course work?" I laughed hesitantly.
"Yes of course," he said shutting the door. He then stopped half way through and peeked his head through the crack, "Anne told me to tell you supper is in half hour."
"Alright thanks Liam," he then shut the door fully. I exhale loudly, Liam couldn't know. This means, I'd have to tell Niall to not tell him. Liam can't always be up in my business, I'm never in his. Why does he feel the need to be nosy in mine.
I pick my phone up and go to Niall's contact name and click the text message.
To Niall: just making sure we both agree on that Liam doesn't know about this?
My finger hovered over the send button, what if Niall wanted to tell Liam? What if Niall already told Liam? This was stressing me out for no reason. I clicked the send button and put my phone down, it's really no big deal. He'll understand right?
About 10 minutes later I looked down to my phone as it buzzed beside me. Niall's name popped up on the screen telling me he read the text I sent just a little while ago. Should I read the text? Or read it after supper and say my phone was on do not disturb.
I'm going with the second option. I slide my phone apps up and click the moon icon, that meaning I did not read Niall's text because my phone didn't ring and I forgot to shut it off. Yeah that's what it is. I throw my phone on my bed and make my way down stairs to help my mom with anything that needed to be done. I would also use this as an excuse to say why I wasn't even at my phone when I received the text. Am I a bad person?
I could hear the humming coming from my mums mouth, while she stood at the stove mixing what seams to be gravy. I stood at the door frame, waiting for her to notice my presences.
When she did she looked up and a smile soared across her face.
"Harry, set the table would you?" She says as she goes to the clear cabinets and pulls out the glass dishes to put on the table. I move to grab the dishes from her and start to set the table. Until this awkward conversation started.
"Harry, what's going on with you and Niall?" I looked back at my mum and gave her the weirdest face. She laughed slightly at me.
"What do you mean mum?" I raised an eyebrow. I fully turned around to face, and walked the little foot steps to sit on the island stools.
"You just seem a little happier these days Har," she shrugs.
"I wasn't happy before?" I question. She gives me the dirtiest look I think she's ever given someone.
"That's not what I said Harold," she says sternly. I rest my chin on my hand while I rest my elbow on the counter.
"Well I'm just a little annoyed I guess, Liam literally asked me this 20 minutes ago," I explain.
"Well good I'm not the only one seeing it," she smirked. "You both came in so noisy the other night, don't think we didn't hear you both coming in laughing both your heads off."
"We're we really that loud?" I raise my eyebrow, I thought Niall and I were ninjas.
"You guys would laugh, and then be completely silent for 5 or so minutes and then laugh again. What was so funny?" She chuckles. Only if you knew mum.
I shrug my shoulders trying to act like I was oblivious. Which I think it worked.