Mates?

Daniel was... Wow. Black wavy hair kept falling into his eyes. His eyes. The color of burnt honey. He looked slightly ticked, but mostly curious.
I clear my throat and ask.
"What do you last remember?"
"Waking up in a tent."
"Before that smarta-"
Kaylee clamps a hand over my mouth. I growl at her but let it go.
"I was running through the area, I came across a human on our territory, he seemed helpless, so I walked up and growled at him. Before I could blink, there was a sharp pain in my side, everything is numb, and I'm chained to a concrete floor."

"Anything else?"

"You saving me. Thanks for that by the way."

"Wasn't me."
At that exact moment, Madison walks out and stretches. She's still a wolf, and her red fur is slightly matted on one side from where she was sleeping. She looks from me, to Kaylee, to Daniel. Her eyes are the size of quarters. She runs in the tent and shifts. Coming out with a t-shirt and shorts.

"So you woke up?" She asks.

He looks really weird, like someone shoved a fish down his throat and he can't breathe. He starts stuttering.

"U-uh yeah, I uh... I-I feel b-better now thanks."

Me and Kaylee are laughing our tails off through the mind link, but on the outside we're cool as cucumbers.

He's crushing bad! Kaylee laughs.

I gasp.

What if their mates?

She looks doubtful.

That stuff doesn't happen anymore. Mates are rare, almost non existent now. Wolves are to power hungry to love anymore.

He doesn't look power hungry, and Madison definitely isn't.

You never know.

"Alright what are you two talking about?" Madison asks. Annoyance clear on her face.
"Nothing!" I respond with a straight face.
She just rolls her eyes.
"I'm going hunting."
Of course.
"Link me when you get back. Oh and take Daniel with you, see if you can teach him something." He snorts at that. Poor guy. She was gonna kick his tail.
Me and Kaylee give each other mental high fives as they disappear into the woods.