Austin

I woke up to the sound of warning calls. Bluejays were giving warning calls. Which meant a wolf was near, and not just me, a wolf on the hunt. Well I guess I'll have to leave my five star hotel! I think staring at the hard, packed dirt ground. Darn! I never got a mint!
I hear water rushing and walk that way, my dry mouth feeling like someone stuffed several cotton balls into it. Finally finding the river, I lean down and drink. The water was cool and kind of cloudy, and loud! So loud that I didn't hear the small pack until it was too late. They walked around me in a circle, blocking my exit. There were only four, but I couldn't do this. I might be a firestone but not a superhero! I started panicking. They seemed to be grinning. Jerks! I focused on the biggest one. He was coming towards me. I'm already injured from my last fight and I'm weak. I turn to run, one of the wolves growls at me. I freeze for a second before shoving past him as fast as I can and jump into the river. At the time, that was a smart option. I mean if I just ran for it they would give chase and most likely catch me, but no wolf would jump into the river. And then I realized, there's probably a reason for that.

Stupid! I shout at myself as the murky water pushes me under, I paddle hard, my paws slipping on the smooth rocks at the bottom. My lungs are on fire. I can't take it anymore, I open my mouth and take a deep breath, and cough as water fills up my lungs. My head is spinning, I am spinning. The water feels like it's ripping me apart, my fur feels like it's being ripped off, my legs can't paddle anymore, and when a rock slams into my side, I finally lose consciousness.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm alive. At least I think I am, my eyes are closed, but I can see light behind them. It's quite, the birds are singing and the leaves are rustling. No growling wolves or evil howling. I feel detached, distant. It's like my soul left my body. But then water splashes on my head and reality slaps me in the face. I try to jump up, but my muscles are weak and I'm trembling. It feels like someone is choking me, I can't breathe! I lean over and start hacking up water. My throat is raw and I'm freezing. I open my watery eyes and look around. I'm lying on my side in a... Field? How did I get here? Not to mention that somehow I shifted back. I'm human. And wearing clothes, that aren't... mine. Crap! I force myself into a sitting position and reach for my wolf, but I am too weak to shift. If it is a were who saved me, my life span has just shortened by 99.99%. I'm too weak to fight anymore, and even if I had all my strength, I can't deal with anymore death. Water splashes on my face again and I look up. It must have just rained because the leaves of the tree I'm laying under are dripping. I scoot over into the sunlight and just enjoy the warmth. As much as I try to fight it, I fall into a deep sleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I open my eyes and stare at the night sky. I pretend to be at peace, even though I can clearly sense the stare boring into my back. I take a deep breath through my nose, the person behind me is a werewolf, crap! I'm dead. I take another deep breath, male, he's a male. Well at least he's not a female, we are viscous.
"Well, well, well. Didn't your mommy teach you that staring is rude? Or were you raised by wolves?" I taunt him, not daring to turn around.
I get no answer.
"Fine, be that way. Bet your pack would be so proud. They still teach you not to talk to rouges do they?"
No answer. This is beyond creepy. After two very long minuets he answers.
"I don't belong to a pack." A deep voice makes me jump. Goose bumps shoot down my arms and fear fills up my stomach like a balloon. A male rouge saved me. I have no chance of surviving this. If your wondering why a rouge should save me just to kill me, I have one answer for you, fun. He will kill me for sport, because that's what male rouges do.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I do a backflip, shifting in midair and turning to face him. My growl catches in my throat. Austin. For a second I can't figure out how I know his name, then it hits me with the force of a ten ton wrecking ball. Thankfully one not containing Miley Cyrus because I can deal with many things, but a skinny naked white girl on a wrecking ball just is t on that list right now.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Flash back
I fidgeted around as I waited for my alpha. The instructor had told us not to move, but I couldn't help it. This was the day I would finally prove that I could be a hunter. The room I was in was more like a hallway than a room, with black walls and white tile floors. There were portraits of wolves and shifters everywhere. It was beautiful. At the end of the room there were two rather large oak doors with intricate designs carved into them. I was so focused on the design that I jumped when they slammed into the walls and the alpha stepped in with his son, Austin. They looked nothing alike however. Where Austin had pale green eyes, brown hair, and a tall build. His father had black hair, red eyes, and was average height, but don't let the size fool you, he could kill everyone in this room with a bag of marshmallows. He walked past us, eyeing us up and down. He eventually stopped at me.
"Tracker." He stated simply and walked on. Tracker?!?!
"But-" everyone let out a gasp and I slammed my hand over my mouth.
The number one rule.

Never question the alpha.

Before I could blink he was right in front of me, his red eyes glinting with fury.
"Are you questioning me Young one?"
"N-no s-s-sir." I manage to spit out.
"Do you think I'm wrong to label you as a tracker?"
"N-no s-sir."
"Would you like me to explain why I made you a tracker?"
I nod weakly.
"Your weak, not strong enough to be a hunter, to stupid to be a spy, not graceful enough to be an assassin, you are nothing."
I can't stop the growl that rips its way up through my throat. How dare he?!?!
The alpha growls right back, and when I don't cower and beg for my life he growls louder.
"Take her to the caves."
The caves were a system of tunnels that were dark, dirty, and deadly. Venomous snakes, eels, bugs, and to top it all off, it was rumored that a bear lived in the caves too. Very few wolves came out alive, and out of the ones who made it, only one still had a sliver of sanity. The rest of them just lived in the elders den talking gibberish.
I hear a high, earsplitting noise and I wish it would stop. All I did was speak out of turn!
"Stop screaming!" The alpha shouts. I realize the noise is me and stop screaming, but I can't hold back the sobs that rack my body as one of the guards drags me toward the door.
"Wait!" Austin shouts.
Everything is silent as the alpha stares incredulously at his son.
"Take him too."
"What?!?!" Austin shouts as another guard grabs him and drags us both out of the beautiful room and towards our deaths.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm still crying as they near the caves. Austin has been fighting his guard for the last 20 minutes. It's no use! I think, but he has guts to try. I hear a scream and look at Austin. He shifted! Nobody under the age of 16 can shift! His fur is the color of dark chocolate and his eyes are the same green they have always been. Oh yeah and his teeth are currently embedded in the guard's arm. I start growling and suddenly my attacker drops me and I land on my paws... Paws... I SHIFTED! I have no time to celebrate because my guard has shifted too. And he's charging me. I put up a good fight but soon he's got me on my back with his canines cutting into my throat. Before I can blink, the wolf is thrown off me and fighting with Austin. I scramble up, and look around. One of the guards must have called for back up because three more wolves are running towards us, and they look bloodthirsty. I ignore the pain in my neck to turn towards Austin. He has finished up with my guard and is staring at me intently.
Run!
I don't how, but he sent a message to me. And I did run. I ran and I never looked back.

A few months later I found my family. They exempted me with open arms and I did the best I could to forget about my old life. But every night I thought about him. Wondered what had happened to him. I was so sure he died. No one could have survived that many attackers. But here he was. Live and in the flesh
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I should be gushing, thanking him for saving my life, begging for forgiveness. But the only thought that went through my Mind was. You should be dead.