The plan

No matter how hard you run, You'll never escape your fears. Because when you run through the maze that is life, a new one will wait for you around each corner.

I throw all my strength into the catch, the rabbit writhing and struggling. I jerk to the side and snap it's neck, it's head falling limply at an odd angle, and drop it. Panting from the chase and adrenaline rush, I collapse next to my prey. After a few minutes I get up and eat. Austin is gone. He told me he was going hunting, hasn't been back since.

That's ok I guess, I didn't expect him to stay with me. I'm a rouge, not just any rouge, a female rouge. As if my white pelt doesn't make me a big enough target. White wolves are rare, and often alphas will take them as their mates just to show them off, but as a loner, or even if I was a pack wolf, any pack that wanted a white pelt to brag about, well all they needed to do was catch me. I snort. As if. But female rouges are huge targets. I don't know why, but all werewolves are sexist. They think of girls as weak and submissive. But that's fine by me, because when I'm fighting a male, he underestimates me. All I have to do is get the drop on him. It's almost too easy. But being in a pack with a white wolf is dangerous and I'm sure Austin just couldn't deal with that. Sissy.

It was a smart thing to do on his part and I would have done the same thing. So why does it hurt to think about him? I shake out my fur and lay down. His last words to me echo through my mind.
"Be careful Luna, there are things out there worse than the Firestone pack. It might be hard to believe but it's true, and you can't fight them all."
He was right. I need a pack. But I won't be caught and treated like a possession by another pack. No. I would make my own pack, and together, we would destroy the Firestone pack, and anything else Mother Nature wanted to throw at us. I fell asleep with a smile on my face. Unaware of the green eyes watching my every move.