Chapter 54

Chapter 54
.
.
"It's really nice to be back! I've gotta go! I have to do so many assignments since i've been procrastinating since forever. See you guys later!" Dayeon then went off.

"She's always like that during the week when all her assignments are due." TaeYul giggled as you two watched her pass through the cafeteria and out of the door.

Before any of you could speak, TaeYul's phone rang. TaeYul looked at the screen which was flashing and slowly frowned.

"Who's calling?" You asked as you peered a little, to realize it was Kai.

"I'm not going to pick up." TaeYul placed her phone back down as she leaned back in her seat.

"Just go. I mean it's better that he called and wanted to clear things up. Just take this chance too. No harm, Taeyul." You convinced. You knew that TaeYul would never possibly lose feelings for Kai. It's better if they cleared things up and get back together soon.

"You're right... i'll go off okay." TaeYul pondered before answer the call, in which you nodded.

Once she was out of sight, you slumped your back as you heaved a sigh.

"Shall we talk?" You flinched. That voice belongs to Luhan and you could recognize it anywhere.

You averted your gave far off into the cafeteria, hoping that Sehun would appear somewhere so you could ask for help.

"Don't avoid me. We have to clear things up in order to do well together for Firebird. Let's not let Mr Kim down." Luhan continued, in which you were slightly convinced.

"Just say it here then."

"It's too noisy here." Somehow, you couldn't resist the urge to reject him and you followed him out of the cafeteria and all the way to the school garden nearby.

You sat down on the wooden bench and Luhan sat on the other side. There was a long pause of silence.

"Remember what happened here the other time?" Luhan broke the silence.

The other time you came here was with Luhan as well. You were weak at that point of time and he left you to get you drinks. While you were alone, a gang came up and wanted to take advantage of you. Luckily Sehun had came in time to save you. If not, your condition would have worsened then.

"What about it?" You asked.

"It will never happen again. I'll always protect you." Is he creating another promise just to break it again?

"Enough with your nonsense, what is it that you want?" You snapped.

"I'm sorry, Soa. I didn't mean to leave you hanging like that." Luhan looked down as he couldn't bring himself to look at you in the eye.

"As if you didn't know the consequences." At this point, you were biting your lips to stop your voice from shaking. You gulped down the tears that were slowly forming in your eyes. You hate to be this vulnerable around him. You hated the fact that you never lost feelings for him. Most of all, you hate yourself for being such an idiot.

"Why? Why did you do things only to apologize for it later?" You asked when Luhan didn't reply you.

"Why me? Why are you doing this to me? Why are you torturing me like that? It was all planned wasn't it? A show for everyone? That i would get ditched this way in the end?" Tears were flowing down uncontrollably now. Luhan looked at you as he stayed silent.

Then, without warning, he pulled you in for a kiss. You pushed him away, but he only held you tighter. Without realizing, you slowly gave in and started kissing him back. You hate to admit it, but you were missing the kisses from him. You missed him.