Twenty Six

|Song: Miss Jackson By Panic At The Disco|

Twenty Six

"So what you're telling me is, y'all took your shirts off and groped each other, but you didn't have sex?!" Genny screeched incredulously at me.

I rolled my eyes at the phone."You know, it is possible to not have sex sometimes..."

She snorted. "Well yeah, but that only happens if you're 85, ugly or attempting to wait until marriage. Oh god, don't tell me you're waiting until marriage! I don't think my poor heart can take it!"

I laughed and resumed the folding of my clothes. I'd called Genny after school Friday since apparently she was home sick the whole fucking week but I'm willing to bet she had Amy over and just didn't want to come in. Monday was actually okay, Caleb and his buddies were absent which was nice and I spent my lunch in Juliette's classroom, watching her grade papers and occasionally helping. It was horrible, being five feet away from her and not being able to touch or kiss her.

"No, I'm not waiting until marriage."

She sighed in exaggerated relief. "Oh thank god. So wait, what did your mom do?"

I sighed, not really wanting to get into it but knowing she deserved deets anyways. "She sort of threatened to turn Juliette into a vegetable." I mumbled. "But then I sort of told her off and guilt tripped her about dragging me all around the world and how I want going to let her take me away again."

Genny laughed, making me frown at the phone. "Sorry, I know that's not really funny but your mom is kinda the scariest person in the world and imagining your little self telling her off is slightly hilarious."

"Why does everyone always say that?" I grumbled. My mom wasn't really that scary unless you make her be scary. Most of the time she was a sweetheart. Although, I will admit she scared she crap out of me last weekend with that whole lioness thing she had going on. I thought she was going to reduce Juliette to ash with the looks she was giving her.

Freaking Carrie Daniels everybody.

"Um, maybe because it's true? Anyways dude I gotta bounce. The mothership just landed and she's demanding I do shit." I laughed at her explanation.

"Kay, come to school Monday!" I ordered. I could practically hear her eyeroll. "Yes mom." She hung up right after and I chuckled to myself.

I was hanging up the last of my sweaters when my phone rang. Rolling my eyes I grabbed it, expecting it to be Genny, annoying me.

"Hey caro." Her voice sent shivers down my spine and a smile automatically spread across my face at the sound of it.

"Hi." I squeaked, coughing on my embarrassment.

She chuckled. "What are you doing right now?"

"I'm uh, folding clothes?"

She laughed. "Okay well, look out your window."

A surge of giddy excitement shot through me and I ran to the window with the phone at my ear.

Juliette grinned up at me, holding a bouquet of white roses in one hand and shoving her other hand in her pocket. I squealed and hung up, grabbing my coat and running a brush through my hair. I hadn't seen her since Monday. I'd been busy trying to catch up on all my missed work the whole week and have had to miss her class a couple times to make up for it.