Ten

Ten

"I'm not going." I said for the thousandth time, burying my head in my pillow and refusing to look at her.

Genny guffawed. "The hell you aren't!  You've been looking up to this date for a week! How could you not go?!"

I shrugged. "I don't want to." She sat down next to me, the bed dipping with her weight. It didn't even feel like it'd been only a week since I'd agreed I go on the stupid date.

She jerked the pillow out from under me and whacked me on he back of the head with it. "What the hell is wrong with you?! The hottest damn guy in school asked you out and you're going to stand him up? What the hell, Shay?"

I rubbed the back of my head and rolled over, glaring at her.

"I don't want to talk about it."

I felt bad for snapping at her but I hadn't been in the best mood since I got home. My mind was plagued with thoughts of Miss Conner. How could I have been so stupid? To risk her career like that? God I was so selfish. My mood on worsened when I remembered the date I had with Caleb. After I stormed out of the school I sped all the way home and cried my eyes out for two hours before calling Genny.

Obviously she didn't care at all about missing the rest of the school day to come over and tell me how stupid I was being.

I sighed and put my head in my hands. "I don't ever want to talk about it."

Her hand rubbed the small of my back in soothing circles. "Talk to me love. Did he hurt you?" I jerked my hands away from my face at her low implicated tone.

"No! No, nothing like that!" She sighed in relief before once again leveling me with a determined glare.

"Then what is it? Because I'm stumped on why you would want to miss out on a sexy hunk of meat like Caleb."

Her comment made me smile but it dropped quickly as I fidgeted with my hands in my lap.

"I um....I may have kissed Miss Conner." I mumbled, peeking at her shyly.

Genny's mouth dropped open. But I could see my words hadn't sunk in so I gave her a minute. When they had, I had about a split second to prepare myself before a pillow came flying at my face.

"Ow!" I shrieked, pulling the pillow away from me and glaring at her.

She rolled her eyes. "Oh please, it's a pillow you big baby." She stood up and paced back and forth across my room. "No fucking way! Are you serious?!? What happened?! You actually kissed her?!" She fired off questions after question before she finally stopped in front of me and put her hands on her hips. I scoffed. "Of course I did! I wouldn't lie about something as amazing as that." I sighed dreamily.

"Shaylyn Marie Daniels, you sneaky little bitch! How long has this been going on?! Have you fucked her yet?"

I gasped, my cheeks immediately heated at the visuals she planted in my head and I reached over and slapped her on the arm. "No! And I've been attracted to her since the first time I saw her but this is the first time I've "acted" on it." I groaned and flopped over, covering my face with my hands. "I don't even know if she's gay."

Genny regarded me suspiciously before a sneaky grin spread across her face. She jumped on the bed and sat crosslegged, leaning forward eagerly. I raised a brow at her in question. She sighed in exasperation and waved a black-manicured hand at me "So? How was it?"