Nineteen

|Song: Breaking Your Own Heart By Kelly Clarkson|

Nineteen

Ms. Conner's Pov

After the whole cookie fiasco, we were thinking about making dinner but finally elected that neither one of us should be allowed in the kitchen for a long period of time lest we end up setting it on fire should we get....distracted, again.

"Want to just order in? Chinese?" I suggested as we sat on the couch watching reruns of Breaking Bad, though neither one of us were really watching. Shay was situated in-between my legs with her head in my lap while her legs hung over the side. I was running my fingers through her soft hair absentmindedly. The bruises on her face had faded to a light yellow, her right cheekbone still had a smidgen of purple mixed in, but I was pleased to see she was healing nicely.

Shay didn't answer me right away and for a moment I thought she'd fallen asleep.

"Hmm? Yeah that's fine."

A smile formed on my lips at her vague response, as she was obviously on the verge of falling asleep. My mind kept wandering to the kitchen and how passionate we'd become so quickly. Her kisses were a drug, and I could never get a enough. I was careful with her because she'd only just gotten home from the hospital this morning but that damn lip bite just about did me in.

"What are you thinking about?" Shay asked, startling me out of my thoughts. I blinked down at her, taking in her beautiful cinnamon colored eyes.

I brushed my finger across her bottom lip slowly, smiling when her lips parted in surprise. "I was thinking about that little lip bite you threw me." I teased her, loving the way her light tan skin turned a faint pink.

"Oh, w-was it bad?" She was nervous. I found it adorable and fascinating the way she reacted to me.

I shook my head. "No amore, it was very...." I paused and licked my lips "enticing." Her blush deepened.

I leaned over her more, allowing my hair to caress her shoulders slightly. Her eyes were wide and I could see the tiny beads of moisture on her lips. "Both times." I whispered, winking at her.

She laughed abruptly in shock. "To be honest I didn't think you'd ever talk to me again after that." She admitted.

My forehead creased in guilt. I had been unusually harsh on her. To be honest, I didn't even know why I reacted the way I did. No, scratch that, I was scared. I was scared because I'd known all along that I'd liked her. And it scared the living hell out of me because I knew it was wrong. But then when she'd kissed me — everything just sort of locked into place — I'd found that I didn't care one bit how wrong it was.

I just wanted to be with her.

I knew it was risky, but I just didn't care. In my twenty three years of life I had never met anyone that made me feel the way she did. I never wanted to be away from her, when I was, I was constantly wishing I was where she was.

"I was scared."

Her eyes widened and she sucked her lip in and out of her mouth in that way that drove me wild. Her voice was soft when she spoke. "Of what?"

I closed my eyes for a moment as I searched for a way to explain without hurting her feelings. "I was afraid that I would hurt you."