Twenty One

Twenty One

Waking up with her was possibly the best and worst feeling ever. It was euphoric, the feel of her arm around me and the way she tightened it even in her sleep. She'd ended up on her back and me on her chest with my head placed right over her heart. Our hands were still laced, and her other arm wrapped securely around my waist, holding me to her. Our legs tangled together. It was agonizing. Every inch of our bodies pressed together, conformed together. Heat pooled in my stomach and my fingers twitched with longing and a desire to touch her.

After last night, I felt....bolder, more secure in my own skin, I knew what I wanted.

I hadn't had one dream.

Her hair was tousled and splayed out on the pillows behind her like a golden halo. I couldn't help but be envious of her ability to be flawless even when she slept. I so didn't want to move, but my bladder was screaming painfully at me.

Her arm moved, startling me. It moved from its position of being splayed across my bare stomach, to run from my thigh up to my shoulder.

That was a strange sleep-move.

I rolled over a little so I could see her face better, and I was met with a pair of half open azure blue eyes.

"Hi." I squeaked.

Her lips curved upward and before I could say anything else (not that I wanted to with that gaze on me) she flipped me and straddled my waist. My heart stuttered to life, the pulse of it roaring through my body like the roar of a waterfall.

I stayed perfectly still as her gaze roamed over me. While she studied me, I studied her. Last night when we....explored each other, it was dark and we could only use our fingers as eyes. But now, with the sunlight falling into the room right across her, my eyes squinted and wanted to close, like I was in the presence of some otherworldly heavenly being and I wasn't deemed worthy enough to look at her.

"I knew you were awake." My cheeks burned and I looked up at her through my lashes.

"Oh?"

Her tan skin was flushed with an almost ethereal glow and I could see every muscle, every vein that pumped life-giving blood into her system. Her lips were parted slightly as she ran her fingers up my chest softly, and I could feel my heart pounded faster in response.

"Yes, your heartbeat speeds up and your breath hitches every now and then." She pressed her lips to my forehead softly.

"Good morning, mia bella."

A grin broke across my face, stretching my split lip a bit, but I didn't care. I could wake up with her by my side for the rest of my life and never get tired of it. She leaned down and pressed her lips to mine in a chaste but warm kiss. I sort of loved how she did it regardless of what I looked like or my morning breath.

I blinked up at her once she'd pulled away, having nothing to say after that. She smiled smugly at my reaction and rolled off of me, content to just watch me watch her. I'd forgotten about my bladder when she'd sat on me, but now that she moved I really had to pee.

I shot her a sheepish look and hurried out of the bed. "Where are you going?" She pouted, sucking her lip in and out of her teeth. I almost risked peeing the bed with the sultry look she was giving me.