Four

|Pic of Caleb above|

Four

"Wait...Caleb asked you out?!" Genny yelled. The students around us stopped and stared at me. I huffed in annoyance and she smiled at me sheepishly. "Sorry. But seriously?" I nodded, a smile growing on my face. "Yeah, really." She squealed which was quite comical since I hadn't really pegged her for the "squealy" type. "Do you know how many girls are going to be hating on you?! He's the hottest guy in school!" I groaned and leaned my head into my cold locker door. "Great now I'm re-thinking it." Genny's head whipped around so fast I thought it would spin right off her head. "Don't you dare call off that date! If I have too I will be a third wheel and spy on you the whole time to make sure you don't bail." She warned, pointing a finger at me.

I raised an eyebrow at her. "You wouldn't dare." She just grinned at me mischievously. "Would I?" I just scoffed and pushed her lightly. We joked around for a few more minutes before the bell rang, signaling the start of first period. I quickly grabbed the literature text book that we'd gotten last Monday and headed to class. Miss Conner was outside her door greeting her students when we rounded the corner. I stopped immediately when I saw her, my jaw was probably scrapping the floor by now.

She never failed to take my breath away.

Today she was sporting a modest lilac dress with a black belt and black knee-high boots that accentuated her toned legs and gave her tan skin a warm glow. Her hair fell honey-gold and perfectly straight down her back, with a few pieces framing her gorgeous face. Genny nudged me, snapping me out of my daydream. "Hey, you cool?" I snapped my jaw shut and nodded. "Yeah, sorry. I just thought I forgot something." I walked forward slowly, trying to muster up the courage to meet those blue eyes head on.

Well that mission failed.

Just like every other time, those blue eyes turned me to complete mush. Her long lashes blinked at me as a smile crawled across her face, lighting up her features and blinding me with her white teeth. I mentally slapped myself. Get it together Shay. I swear every time I looked at her or was near her it was like everything slowed down and nothing else made sense except for her. "Hi ladies, how were your weekends?" I forced myself to smile and reply.

"Well, I finished all 11 seasons of Grey's Anatomy." I laughed. Her brows rose. "All of them in two days? Wow I'm impressed." Her eyes twinkled as she smirked at me. My ovaries just about exploded then and there, damn why was she so hot? She turned her attention away from me to speak with Genny, and I could hear them talking about school stuff. "Well, you've still got about thirty-five seconds to make it to your seat before I mark you absent." She winked and we hurried into the room and took our seats.

I was reaching for a pencil when I felt a sharp pain in my chest. It was deep and ached horribly. "Ow." I mumbled, rubbing my chest. Some guys snickered, probably watching me grope myself but I didn't really care. My chest really hurt and it was scaring me. I hadn't had chest pain like this in a long time. "Is there something wrong, Miss Daniels?" I jumped in my seat, not having heard her.

The class still chattered on, something I was grateful for because I didn't want them to know about my heart. I tried to smile at her but I'm sure it came out as more of a grimace. My assumption proved correct when I noticed her lips form a frown while her eyes searched my face. "Yeah, just some chest pain." She eyed me for a moment before turning away,"Well, let me know if you need to step out." Her hips swayed seductively as walked away.

I mentally slapped myself. Stop it Shay, she's your teacher! My eyes stayed rooted on her. Thankfully the pain dissipated after a moment, and I was able to concentrate on the lesson.

"Alright class, today we will be learning about comma splices." The class groaned collectively. "Well, it's either this or a surprise test." She raised a brow. A minute later a chorus of "no's" and "we love comma splices" filled the room. She laughed and shuffled her papers before she started passing them out. She handed me mine and in passing her fingers brushed my arm, making my skin shiver and prick with awareness.

She moved on right after, but the tingles stayed with me the rest of the class. The worksheet only took me thirty minutes of the period so the rest of the time I busied myself with filling out a job application for Starbucks. Genny worked there and she always talked about how much fun it was, so I asked her to grab an application for me and she'd drive me there after school. My mom didn't want me to at first, but I didn't back down until she reluctantly agreed. And besides, coffee shops are supposed to be comforting.

Let me know what y'all think!