Part 34: Backstage Awkwardness

"I'm surprised you were even in a relationship in the first place, you always talk about how you were going to die alone, why are you trying to get into a new relationship?" My brother Frankie asks and I feel my eyes widen.

"You're right, I guess I just wanted to find someone who could take my mind off of Harry since I don't really have any work to do, I mean SNL's off till October and I don't really have anything I want to write or do right now" I admit and my brother nods his head. We were currently sitting in my kitchen, my mom had just gone to the bathroom and we were all about to head out and spend the day together. My mom was really excited since it's hard for her to spend time with either of us, especially at the same time. I was also really excited because I love my family, my mom was never really strict with us so we can joke around and cuss and say terrible stuff in front of her and she won't mind so I'm excited to hang out with them and just be myself and have fun.

...

"We need to do MacGruber 2!" Jorma exclaims and I laugh in agreement, we were currently on set of the 'untitled lonely island movie' which is most likely going to be called Conner4Real but they haven't decided yet. It was a movie that Judd was directing and that the Lonely Island guys (Andy, Akiva, and Jorma) were making and so when they asked me to be a part of it I immediately said yes. I love all those guys and they're all such good friends of mine. Plus they make me laugh a lot and so this is a great project for me to work on to try and spend the rest of June not thinking about Harry... I hope. I'm also spending July 4th (America's independence day) at Seth Meyers house with him, his wife Alexi, Fred, John, his wife Anna, Nick Kroll, and Amy Poehler, so I'm hoping that all this time with my friends will help me forget about Harry. 

...

"Are sure we should go? What will we do?" I ask Lorne as Taran, Seth, Jay, Kate, Kenan, and I sit in his living room. It was currently July 9th, and Lorne had just asked us all to go to the Teen Choice Awards that were happening this weekend.

"I'm sure we'll find something for you guys to do" he says and we all agree as we hang out for a little bit just chatting before leaving Lorne's house. As I drive home I feel my heart drop into my stomach when I realize that Harry might be at the awards, I feel myself having a panic attack as I pull over on the side of the road to cool down. I quickly grab my phone to try and check twitter to see if 1D will be there but it doesn't look like anyone knows. I try to relax a bit before finally starting my car back up and driving home, trying not to think about possibly running into Harry.

...

"Lorne, are you sure I should go?" I ask him as we talk on the phone. I had just gotten my hair and makeup done with Amy Schumer at her hotel room in LA since we were both staying at the same hotel and we thought we'd get ready together by some ladies Lorne had sent for us.

"Well, I don't want you to go if you don't feel comfortable but I do know you will be winning the award for 'choice comedian' or something, I think they would want you to accept it with a speech" he says and I pause for a second before agreeing to go. Amy and I soon step out into a black SUV and make our way to the awards, Amy is wearing a beautiful strapless red dress and I am wearing a small simple white one. I found out earlier today that One Direction were in fact going to be there and so all I can think about is how I'm going to have to avoid Harry the whole night. Luckily Amy attempts to take my mind off Harry by telling some jokes as we drive to the awards show and once we get closer to the red carpet, Amy steps out of the car to go into her own separate car since we were going to walk the carpets alone.

"Ariana over here! Ariana look to your left! Ariana to your left!" I hear people yelling as I try to smile and do as the photographers say. I hate red carpets! As if the flashes of light aren't bad enough, these people will not stop yelling at you!