Part 33: Trying to Move On

"All right you guys! We need you to come back on set" I hear one of the producers yell. I was currently on set of Will Forte's show 'The Last Man on Earth' since he asked me to guest star in one of his episodes. Will and I have been good friends since I started SNL and he was still on the cast and he is one of the funniest people I know. He, Kristen Schaal (his co-star) and I were all currently hanging out behind the scenes and I'm so happy to be here right now. They both know I'm kinda upset about my recent breakup and are doing their best to try and cheer me up.

...

"I don't understand why you broke up with him is you still love him" my mom says and I sigh.

"Because mom... it just doesn't make sense, why would he be dating me, I mean it's just too good to be true. And I mean he never really said that but I feel like he was going to wake up one day and realize that he could have any girl in the world and would just fall for some pretty model like he's suppose to. I mean I don't even want kids! He loves kids! And I mean I'm not super skinny, or act super lady like or have super pretty hair and I mean that's what he deserves. He needs someone who can just be with him and start a family and just sit at home, I like to work and I'm not anything special, I know one day he'll realize that and leave me, so why not just end it now?" I say and my mom sighs.

"Ariana you're crazy! You deserve him. Why not? But you know what, if you don't think you belong with him, who do you belong with?" she asks and I stare blankly at my hands while I think.

"Who says I need anyone? But I think that if I had to choose, I deserve someone who's... I don't know a comedian? I mean not that Harry isn't funny, he is, I just mean comedians tend to first of all not travel the world like he does, even with stand ups, they don't go to that many different places. And comedians aren't usually that good looking or anything, they'll settle for me. Besides, unless they're super successful they won't be attracting any supermodels to them. And most don't want to have kids either" I admit as I continue to think. I really don't know what type of guy I belong with, These past couple of days while I was shooting Last Man on Earth I kept trying to picture myself with Will but I just couldn't do it. Maybe it was because of our age difference or maybe it was because of the fact that he doesn't really seem like the type of guy to slow down and be in a relationship, although most of the guys I know are the same way. My mom and I continue to talk before I head out to a party happening downtown. My mom didn't want to go but she didn't mind if I went since my brother was going to be there and I'm really excited since I haven't seen him in while.

...

"Alright, I'll see you later, come over to my place tomorrow!" I shout to my brother and he nods his head. We had just talked for a little bit and I already feel better. I love my brother so much and spending time with him always makes me feel happy, he is the best. I see Drake begin making his way towards me and I get kinda worried since I know he's going to want to talk.

"What's up younger Grande!" I hear Drake yell and I give him a big smile as he wraps his arms around me. Drake and my brother are like best friends which doesn't surprise me since they have the exact same personality. "I've missed you fam! what's up! I haven't seen you in forever!" he exclaims as he gives me a quick kiss on the cheek. Drake and I have become pretty good friends now because of my brother and so we decide to sit down and talk for a bit, Drake has openly come out and admitted to having a crush on me. In fact he's even once said in an interview that his song 'Company' was inspired by me and what he imagines a relationship between the two of us to be like since, even though we've never been in a relationship, he said he knew it would end badly because he wouldn't be able to give me what I 'need' since I'm apparently 'a little too perfect.' He has also said on various occasions that I was the 'perfect girl' because I was both book and street smart and knew how to "fuck with him and his crew." But that's really because I grew up with my brother who, while I spent my time studying, spent his time listening to every single rap album he could get his hands on so, because of him, I grew up loving hip hop as well. And well I guess thanks to him, I'm a little hood as well although I don't really like to act like it, I just like listening to rap music and going on sites like WSHH. 

Drake and I chat for a bit and I try to imagine what it would be like dating him, he seems like a more reasonable match for me because he doesn't go for skinny little white girls like Harry does but, he does love partying... and strippers and I just know we'd never work out... and clearly so does he. "So what's up, I heard you broke up with your boy, you alright?" he asks "your brother told me you were still a little hurt from it" he says and I nod my head. I decide to open up to him about everything that's been going on since I actually feel like I can trust him based on the bond we have and he just shakes his head. "Ari, you know how I feel about you, so I know you know I think you're perfect, but if you don't think Harry will stick with you then you have to move on" he says and I give him a strange look "what? No, not with me! I mean I'd love to but we both know what would happen. I got some homies here I want you to meet, I think y'all could hit it off" he says as he grabs my hand and takes me towards some of his friends even though I protest against it the entire way, he just ignores me.

...

"Wait you lived in Brampton? I use to go there all the time" I exclaim as I continue talking with Denzel Spencer (a.k.a. Roy Wood$) he was 19 years old and one of Drake's friends, and also the newest member of OVO. And might I add, he was also really, really, cute. We both grew up in Canada, just about 40 minutes away from each other. He was really nice and unlike the other members of Drake's crew, he wasn't just into partying and strippers and smoking. I mean he did do that too, but he was also pretty cool. We spent most of the night hanging out and I felt like he was going to try and kiss me soon and even though my brain kept telling me to go for it, I just couldn't. "I'm sorry, I have to go" I say as I get up.

"What's wrong? You want me to come with you" he asks and I just shake my head.

"No, I'm sorry, look you're really cool and I like you a lot, but I kinda like someone else" I admit as I begin to think about Harry and, Roy just nods his head.

"I get it, we still homies though right?" he asks with a smile before grabbing my hand and giving it a light squeeze. I let out a little laugh and nod my head in agreement as I say goodbye to some of the others at the party including my brother and Drake who begs me to stay even though I don't, before making my way out.