Part 11: Family

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Hi, thanks so much to everyone who's been reading the story so far, I really appreciate it! I would love to hear what you think in the comments!

I also want to apologize to anyone who feels like this story isn't that interesting right now, I promise things will begin to pick up soon and I have a lot planned! Right now I just want to establish a better relationship between Ariana and Harry before anything too drastic happens because I personally hate when stories move too fast and I want to make everything as realistic as possible. Any ways, I hope you enjoy!! Don't forget to vote and tell others about the book! Xoxo

...

"Is Harry gonna come over today?" I hear Rose ask as we sit at my dining room table eating some cereal for breakfast. She, her mom, and I are the only one's who have woken up so far this morning, which might I add is also the first day of 2015!

"I don't know" I say honestly as I begin to think about Harry, it would be nice to spend the day with him since I think it would be the perfect way to start off the year and I honestly don't know what else he could possibly be doing. But, I'm not sure if he wants to spend the day with us because we never really ever discussed if he's come over today probably since we're so use to him sleeping here with me and never having to discuss our plans for the next day until it was that day. I wouldn't be surprised if he said he didn't want to come over either since I'm sure it must be exhausting for him to have to try and please my family all day and I know most guys would prefer to not have to interact with their girlfriends family when they could just sit around and relax.

"I like him" my aunt says. "He is really funny you should keep him, he seems like a good guy, I give him an A+" she jokes and I laugh awkwardly. I never said actually admitted to her that we were dating but I guess it's pretty obvious. Either that or my mom told her since she's the only one I really told because I felt like she deserved to know, and probably already assumed although I did just tell her that it was pretty casual right now which is a lie, I just said that so my mom wouldn't figure out we've slept together or anything and freak out on me. I also don't know when my aunt got the chance to talk to Harry but I'm not surprised that she did, that boy knows how to interact with people and be polite to everyone he meets! "You should invite him over" she says and so I willingly agree.

...

"That's not funny" I say slapping Harry in the arm as we walk down the hallway of my apartment building. My mom has apparently lost her key to my apartment and thinks she dropped it when we came home last night and now wants me to go ask the front desk if they found it. Harry came over a couple hours ago and I asked him to come with me so we could be alone for once. We were currently trying to come up with 'new years resolutions' and Harry just suggested I try becoming funny. We continue to walk until I hear Harry say 'Ari' in a bit more blunt and serious tone. I turn to give him a confused look because clearly it's supposed to mean something but I don't get it.

"That's my new years resolution, to start calling you Ari, is that okay?" he asks and I just realized that this is the first time he's called me that. Not that it's a big deal or anything, so many people call me that, even Lorne calls me that and I mean I love him and have developed a personal friendship with him, but he is still the most professional person I've ever met. I know I shouldn't care about what Harry calls me that just like I shrug it off whenever anyone else does but I really like it when he says it. I also can't help but laugh over the fact that he is so polite, he's asking me if it's okay to call me Ari.

"Hmm, I don't know, I don't think you're special enough to call me that" I joke playfully before admitting "I actually really like when you call me that, I mean I've been called that my whole life but, it sounds different from you, a good different, maybe it's the accent" I say with a wink and I see Harry smile. We finally make it into the elevator and head down to the front desk. When we ask the lady sitting there about a messing key she immediately knows what we're talking about and with some 'proper identification,' gives us back the key.

We walk back to my apartment and as soon as we enter I see Simon run up to us "our mom's said you could take us to Chuck E. Cheese's" he yells. I look immediately look up at my mom who as an innocent yet somewhat guilty looking smile plastered on her face. She explains to us that she wants some alone time with her sisters without the kids and that they wanted to go to Chuck E. Cheese's so she said I would take them there (with Harry). I'm kinda annoyed since I hate that place, its full of little kids screaming and running around and my cousin can be a big hassle to take care of in public, especially at an arcade but I decide to let it go since I don't want to let my cousins down. I ask Harry if he wants to go and thankfully he agrees so we all get ready and head over to Chuck E. Cheese's.

"Hold on let's play one more game!" Harry yells, he, Sam, and I are currently playing some weird driving game and he has just came in last for a third time in a row. Sam and I start to whine since we've already played so many times and Harry clearly isn't getting any better. I can't help but burst into laughter over how frustrated he is and I guess that's enough for him to loosen up and smile as well. We spend the rest of the day playing in the arcade and eating pizza at the diner. I'm surprisingly having a lot of fun, I mean my cousins have managed to behave themselves and I have no idea why, maybe they're trying to impress Harry, or maybe it's because he's just that good with kids and knows how to make them relax. Harry gets recognized every once in a while and so do I, but no one seems to make a big deal out of it. However, Harry and I do keep our distance just in case someone is watching us since we know if we kiss or hold hands or anything, someone will take a picture and post it on the internet so everyone can freak out. While I had a lot of fun today I'm kinda annoyed since I know Harry will be flying back to England tomorrow and so this was our last day together for about a week.

...

"It's ok, you said goodbye to him yesterday, you'll get bored driving to the airport" I hear my aunt explain to Simon who seems to be really upset and apparently really wants to come with me to say goodbye to Harry who will be flying to the UK today. How did Harry manage to get him to like him so fast? I ask myself since it doesn't even feel like Simon likes me that much. Even though I feel kinda bad for him and want to take him with me, his mom insists that he stays and I'm kinda thankful since I want to be able to spend this car ride to airport alone with Harry since I won't see him for a while. It's soon time for me to go and I say goodbye to everyone in my house as I begin to head over to Harry's hotel to pick him up.

...

"I'll miss you" I say feeling pretty upset as we sit in my car in the airport parking lot. Harry cups my face in his hands and gives me along sweet kiss on the lips as we try to savour this moment.

"I'll miss you too, but don't worry I'll be back soon, and I'll call you everyday okay" he says with a smile before kissing me one last time and exiting the car.

"Have a safe flight!" I yell as he leaves, I hear him say something else but I can't really understand what it is but I'm sure it doesn't really matter. I begin to think about all the times I've said that to him since we've starting dating a few weeks ago, it's unreal how many times he's flown around the world just to come see me in such a short amount of time. It's already pretty clear that 'distance' is something that will definitely be a huge factor in our relationship and I hope it doesn't tear us apart.