Ariana Grande's Wikipedia Page

**Author's Note: You don't have to read this part if you don't want to, this is just a way to understand Ariana's appearance to the public so you can get to know her better, however, most of the stuff said here will be covered again in the actual story.

Ariana Grande (born June 26, 1995) is a Canadian born actress, voice actress, comedian, and writer. She is known for her work as a cast member of Saturday Night Live, having joined the show in 2012 and such films as Whip It (2012), Despicable Me 2 and Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (both 2013), and Bridesmaids (2014).

Grande has also written for many shows and movies including Saturday Night Live, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, and Portlandia. She also starred in and wrote the screenplay for Bridesmaids, which was both critically and commercially successful.

Grande received two consecutive Emmy Awards nominations and has been nominated for an Annie Award for Voice Acting in a Feature Production for her work on Despicable Me 2. In 2012, Bridesmaids earned her a Golden Globe Award nomination for Best Actress –Musical or Comedy, as well as nominations for the Academy Award and BAFTA for Best Original Screenplay and a SAG Award nomination for Outstanding Performance by a Cast. She was also nominated alongside Sarah Schneider, for a Grammy for writing a parody song called "Do It On My Twin Bed" which was performed on SNL. As well as a Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Miniseries or a Movie for her role as Cynthia Morehouse in the miniseries The Spoils of Babylon.

Early Life

Grande was born to parents Joan and Edward Butera and raised in Kitchener, Ontario before moving in 2012 to New York City after getting a job at SNL. Her father worked two jobs and her mother worked as well, Ariana has stated that she grew up living in a low income family and that her parent had a terrible relationship which she claims caused her to have "a very depressing childhood which has affected [her] greatly."  A couple months after Grande received her job at SNL, her parents got a divorce. She also has an older brother, Frankie Grande. Grande grew up not having many friends and looked at comedy as her way to escape her surroundings, she adored SNL as a child, and would spend her time trying to watch any episode or sketch or even book/documentary of the show she could get her hands on.

She attended a public High School in Canada before moving to online schooling after getting the job at SNL when she was in her senior year of high school. After receiving her high school diploma Grande went on to pursue a biomedical degree through online courses offered by the University of Toronto claiming "I spent my whole life thinking about University, I worked really hard in school and was planning on becoming an optometrist but once I got SNL I no longer needed to. It just felt weird not going to University when I thought about it my whole life and so I decided to take some classes, I mean I don't really have anything to lose." Grande received a diploma in Biomedical Life Sciences from the University of Toronto in November of 2014.

Early Career

Grande claims to never have planned a career in comedy and kept her performances a secret from her family until her SNL audition. Grande has been a huge fan of comedy her whole life, watching comedians such as Eddie Murphy, Adam Sandler, and Will Ferrell at a very young age however, she states that it wasn't until she started "obsessing over" SNL back in middle school that she began to learn a lot more about the history and art of comedy which she fell in love with. When she was 15 years old, Grande began secretly doing stand-up indifferent pubs in nearby towns which she kept a secret from her friends and family stating "I never had any real friends that I would hang out with outside of school and I got tired of coming home and just sitting in my room for the rest of the day so I started telling my parents I was going to go hang out with the friends I seemed to have suddenly get and would take a bus to different pubs to preform stand up. I wasn't that good but I wasn't terrible and it was my way of joining the comedy community."