Part 20: Confrontation

Author's Note: Hey thanks to everyone reading this story, I can't believe it has over 500 views!! This is insane! I really hope you're enjoying it! I personally don't really like the last chapter (& sorry to any Taylor Swift fans lol) but I promise this story is going to get better SOON. Thanks again to everyone reading, don't forget to vote and even leave a comment because I would love to hear from you guys!

I'm still on such a high over how many amazing people I met tonight at rehearsals that I literally don't know what to do with myself. However, that soon changes when I finally get back to my apartment and see that I am getting a face-time request from Harry which I want to ignore but know that I can't or else he'll realize something's wrong so I reluctantly accept his request. Besides, I kinda actually want to talk to him, I'm just afraid that what I learned from Taylor may actually be true.

"Hey babe" Harry says with a big smile as soon as his face pops up on the screen of my iPod.

"Hey" I say with a small smile since I don't really know how to bring up the thing with Taylor. Harry asks me about my day and I just kinda tell him it was cool, leaving out any real details because I'm not in the mood to talk too much right now.

"I thought you'd be more excited than that, what's wrong?" he asks and I let out a deep sigh.

"I uhh, I met Taylor yesterday, I feel weird talking about it over face-time but I mean I want to talk to you about it and I can't wait until we see each other in a couple weeks... she said some weird stuff and I honestly don't know what to think right now" I admit and I watch as Harry's face changes to look a bit more confused and concerned.

"What did she say?" he asks and I remain silent for a second since I don't really know where to start.

"She thought it was weird that you never really talked to me about your relationship, she kinda implied that it may be because you still have feelings for her or something" I admit and Harry looks stunned. "I don't want to believe her but she made it sound like the only reason you guys broke up was because she wanted to and that you're still not over it. I don't know if it's true but Harry I really like you so please tell me if there's anything still going on there" I say as I try to hold back my tears.

"What?! Ariana, no! There's nothing going on I promise! I moved on such a long time ago, please believe me!" he says and I can tell he's pretty concerned which is a good sign I guess.

"Then why would she say that?" I ask since I don't really know her well enough to understand why she would try to lie and hurt me like that, I mean that's pretty messed up.

"I don't know, maybe she wanted to hurt you or maybe she genuinely believed that our relationship was worth talking about or that she's actually more relevant in our relationship than she actually is. But I promise that everything that happened with her was not as big of a deal as she made it seem. I was young and I wanted to have fun, it wasn't anything like what we have, I never loved her, we never did anything even remotely as serious as what we've done, we've never talked the way you and I do and it's probably because our relationship was more of us just hanging out rather than actually caring for each other like with us" he adds and I begin to feel much better. The fact that he just answered all my questions like what she said about him being 'reckless' without me even asking him makes me believe that everything he just said was truthful, he never actually loved her. I tell Harry I believe him and I begin to loosen up a bit and so does he. I finally decide to tell him about my day in a truly excited way like he expected and we talk for over an hour about everything that has going on. I even tell him about Colin and he seems to get really upset, I hope he never meets Colin in real life cause I can tell he truly wants to yell at him which makes me surprisingly happy, it's nice to know he cares about me. Talking to Harry has made the past couple shitty things that have happened to me feel like nothing and I love him so much. I'm also so relieved that we've talked since now I can go to the 40th tomorrow and just have fun and not worry about anything that's going on between the two of us.