Part 8: The Holidays

"BEEP. BEEP. BEEP" I hear my alarm clock go off and I quickly hit it to make it shut up as I try to wake myself up. I feel Harry begin to move beside me and I turn to face him. I can tell that he's still a little sleepy yet he manages to give me a somewhat big smile.

"Good morning babe" he says and wraps his arm around me, pulling me closer to him so that he can plant a small kiss on my lips.

"Good morning... kinda" I say with a smile considering the fact that it's 6a.m. The reason I had to set my alarm clock so early was because Harry was flying out to the UK today to spend Christmas with his family and his flight was at 7:30a.m. We both get out of bed and I head to the kitchen to make us some tea before he has to leave.

...

"I guess I'll see you in a couple of days, don't miss me too much" I say with a light smile on my face. Harry and I had just taken a taxi to the airport and I was planning on heading in there with him to wait for his flight but it seems like the paparazzi were informed that he'd be here today and so they are all over the place. With the added bonus of it being Christmas Eve, I think it would be a bit to hectic to go in and so I just wish Harry the best of luck. "Have a safe flight! Merry Christmas!" I yell as Harry exits the cab.

"Merry Christmas babe!" he yells back before exiting the vehicle and leaving me alone. I'm definitely going to miss him while he's gone but it'll be nice to spend a couple days without him since it will give me some time to get me thoughts all sorted out about everything that's going on with us.

...

"Merry Christmas Fred!!" I say as Fred opens the door to his apartment. It is currently Christmas day and since my family doesn't really celebrate Christmas, I am spending the day with a couple of friends at Fred's house. I've spent so much time with Harry over the past couple of days that I'm really looking forward to hanging out with my friends, most of whom also do not celebrate Christmas too intensely. As soon as I walk in I am greeted by all my favourite people including my best friend Amy Schumer as well as John Mulaney, Chelsea Peretti, Andy Samberg, Jorma Taccone, Vanessa Bayer, Will Forte, and,Mike O'Brien. We all spend the whole entire day together playing games and telling stories and since we're all comedians I'm sure you can assume that we laughed a lot. I was in the middle of catching Amy up on everything going on with Harry since I've been texting her a bit but I want to tell her everything and that's a little hard to do over text when when I get a face-time request from Harry and Amy freaks out as she sends me towards an empty space in Fred's apartment to accept his request.

"Hey babe! Merry Christmas!" He says with a smile on his face. I notice that he's wearing a cute, red Christmas sweater and can see people all around him, especially little kids making lots of noise.

"Merry Christmas Harry" I say back and we begin talking about what we'redoing and how we miss each other. Eventually one of Harry's little cousins tries taking his phone and so Harry sits her on his lap and introduces her to me. I begin to mentally panic since I'm not that good with kids and have little experience talking with them. Thankfully, this girl is sweet and spends most of the time talking herself. I finally end the call when I hear John calling my name to come join them for whatever they're doing by saying goodbye to both Harry and his little cousin. I really appreciate the fact that Harry took the time out of his clearly busy day to call me because he really didn't have to and I would have totally understood if he didn't, I mean he's catching up with his family which he probably hasn't seen in a while. As I go back into Fred's living room I notice a text appear on my screen from Harry "she likes you :)" is all it reads. I smile, knowing the 'she' he is talking about is his little cousin.

...

"Soooo are you gonna send nudes or..." Harry says with a smirk and I erupt into laughter and I shake my head. It's currently Friday morning, and I am laying in bed and Harry and I are face-timing each other. He is coming back to visit me tomorrow and I can't wait but for now I'll settle on just seeing his face through this little screen on my iPhone.

"Well I guess that's the only reasonable thing to do" I say which causes both of us to laugh. We're currently joking about how we miss each other and that according to what we've heard off social media, nudes are the seemingly only way to fix that even though we would never do that (thank goodness Harry is interested in that, or even slightly like 90% of guys my age who would like that).

...

"Are you sure you don't want me to come pick you up?" I ask Harry "We could have a super romantic reunion slow mo hug at the airport. It's literally in every romance movie ever!" I say through the phone and I hear Harry laugh on the other side. It's currently 10p.m. on Friday and Harry is about to board his 8hr flight from England to NYC and he doesn't want me to 'waste my time' coming to pick him up and that he'll take a cab to my apartment.

"It's fine, my flight is going to land at 6am. There's no way I would make you or even want you to come to the airport to pick me up. I'd be totally fine if you were still sleeping when I get to your place" he says and even though he can't see it, I smile. I ask him a couple more times if he's positive that I should not pick him up before I finally agree to letting him come on his own before saying goodbye and wishing him a safe flight.