Part 3: Avoiding Harry

"I feel like we're becoming more and more like Garth and Kat the longer we've been playing them" Fred says causing both he and I to laugh. It's currently 5p.m. on Saturday and we just finished 'rehearsing' our Weekend Update piece we do together that basically involves total improvisation and a lot of random singing. Our characters usually run up on stage acting as if they have just got there and for the past couple of appearances Fred and I literally wait until Seth starts introducing us to get into our costumes which we shouldn't really be doing but who cares. Fred is literally my best friend, we get along so well and he makes me laugh soo much. In fact, we started our own show together recently called 'Portlandia' which so far seems to be getting pretty positive reviews. I love hanging out with Fred both inside and outside of work and I am so thankful that he's in my life. Right now we are in Fred's office just goofing around before we have to go back to rehearsals and while I'm having a lot of fun I can't stop thinking about what Harry is up to right now which is super annoying mainly because I keep telling myself that I shouldn't care. As a matter of fact, I made sure Fred and I did not go hang out in my office just to make sure Harry didn't come looking for me. I am going to avoid him at all costs, I probably won't even go to the after party this week just to stay away from him.

...

"Yea that's so true!" I say laughing at Louis' comment about the unusual placement of one of the camera's located on the main stage by the band. I've never really talked to Louis before but he came over to say hi to me and I have been focusing all of my energy on our conversation in an attempt to try and look busy to prevent Harry from coming over and trying to 'interrupt' us. It is 10p.m. and our dress rehearsal in front of an actual studio audience has just ended and some cuts/revisions are currently being made. Unfortunately for me, none of the sketches I was involved in need any real revisions and so for once I actually have some time to do nothing which makes it 1000x harder to avoid Harry. And as if my luck could not be bad enough, Louis is called over by one of One Direction's management crew and so I am now left all alone.

"You're avoiding me." I hear someone say behind me. 'Crap' I think to myself because I know for a fact that the voice I hear behind me belongs to Harry. I turn around and give him a confused smile pretending as if I have no idea what he's talking about. "What's wrong?" He asks and I don't know what to say... Actually I do. I have to tell him I'm not interested, okay well maybe not that but I have to act like I'm not interested because well.. I don't know! I just can't be.

"I'm not avoiding you" I say somewhat sternly causing him to frown. I see his mouth open to rebuttal but I start talking again before he gets the chance "I've been busy working ok, I'm sorry if I don't have time to just sit around and talk. In fact, I have some last minute changes I have to make to a couple sketches so I'm sorry but I have to go" I lie before walking passed him while avoiding any eye contact with him because even though I wasn't a complete ass-hole to him, I still do feel bad for shutting him down like that.