:Chapter 12:

~Louis's P.O.V~

Okay, I am not sure if I should be angry or not. I mean, yeah, she lied, but she did it for me. Also, she technically never lied. She said she was a new person. Told me to not tell her how I felt about her until I knew the truth. Said she was doing it for me. Said she hated her sister now.

"She never lied to you." Harry spoke my thoughts and everyone looked at me. Even El looked at me.

"I know. That's the thing. She never did." I said softly and El gave me a genuine smile.

"Are you angry with her?" El asked me in a surprisingly soft voice.

"I don't know. She never did anything wrong." I said and she nodded.

"She told me she was gonna move to Australia, because she was sure you would hate her. That is her biggest fear now. That you'll hate her. She adores you. She would never forgive herself if you'd get hurt after this, even though it would've been my fault." She said and leaned her head back, looking up at the ceiling.

"How long has it been?" Zayn asked us. Liam checked his watched and frowned.

"Nearly 4 hours." He said with worry. I kept clutching my heart with my knees up. It really hurts.

"If she dies, I'm gonna burn the whole freakn' city and get myself arrested." Eleanor said with a dead serious expression. "I'm not kidding. She's the only thing or person I have left to live for." Just then the doors flew open and we all stood up in the flash of a second.

"Are you all here for Fawn Marie Calder?" He asked and we nodded. Marie? That's cute...

"Is she okay?" Liam was the first to ask and he gave us a wide grin.

"She's fine." We all cheered and hugged each other tight now. Thank God! I even hugged El and she was crying happy tears.

"Can we meet her?" I asked him excitedly.

"There might be a couple of complications." He said and all our slimes dropped then.

"What do you mean by that?" El asked him desperatly.

"She'll probably have to go through physical therapy. There is a high risk she'll have spend some time on walking. She'll be very tired and might get migrains. So she'll have to take medications." He read off a clipboard and we nodded.

"So she can't walk?" I asked him.

"Probably not at the moment. The tumor was very big and paralyzed her earlier, she's lucky she's not paralyzed now. It's going to be hard on her. Really hard. I hope you are all gonna stay with her and support her, because she'll need it." He said seriously and looked between us as we all nodded. No way in hell am I leaving her!

"Can we see her now?" I asked and he nodded.

"This way. Please be quiet. She just had a brain surgery." He said and we walked down a hall. People gave us smiles as we walked to the door. I looked inside the small window on the door and she had her eyes closed.

"Is she asleep?" Niall asked and he shook his head.

"Probably just resting." He then opened the door and let us in. I walked in first and when my foot hit the floor, her eyes fluttered open. She looked at us and looked very worried.

"I'm sorry." She looked me directly in the eyes and her voice was wavery and weak. I shook my head and smiled. I walked to her bed and took her hand in mine.

"S'okay. You meant nothing bad with it." I said and she looked surprised by my reaction.

"You forgive me?" She asked me quietly and then looked to the rest. They nodded and then her eyes landed on me.

"We do. I do." I said softly and then kissed her knuckles gently. Her lips curled up into a weak but cute grin. She looked around with bright eyes until they stopped and they were cold as stone.

"You bitch. I don't want you here." I followed her eyes and saw she was talking to El. Eleanor looked down and when she looked up her eyes were glossy.

"I'm sorry, okay. Please don't hate me, Fawn. I apologized to everyone, Louis too. I can't lose you, Fawn. You're the only person I have left." She pleaded and walked more into the room.

"Are you playing the guilt card now?" Fawn asked her dryly.

"No. I just don't wanna lose my sister. Louis called me when you came here and I left the second I hung up. I was even packing my bag when I talked to him. I paid 10 000 for my plane ticket, because a stubborn woman wouldn't sell it to me. The plane landed and the only thing I could think about was how stupid I've been. I've been acting like a brat all my life, treating eveyone like shit. And I have the best sister I could ever ask for. When I came here I talked to the doctor and told him about your tumor and it came back. And then I explained everything to them. Funny thing, when I was packing, I only packed your stuff. Like, I brought your memories. The photo albums, toys, jewelry, etc. I'll do anything. I promise to change and I'll even go to Ghana for a year and help out there." El pleaded her sister.

"You'll go to Ghana?" Fawn asked her in disbelief.

"Yes. I'll go and help people in Ghana." Eleanor said right away.

"Fine. I'll give you one last chance. You'll go to Ghana for a year and if you've changed when you come back, I'll forgive you." Fawn said and El hugged her and squealed in happiness.

"Thank you. I promise I'll change. I'm gonna do it for you, since you've done so much for me." She said with a bright smile. Her eyes even lit up and I've never in my life seen Eleanor so happy.

"Good, but I don't know what to do anymore. Look at this." She said and then ripped her blanket off to show us her legs. "I can't move them. Not even wiggle my toes." Fawn looked so sad now. "What if I'll never been able to walk again?" She asked us and tears welled in her eyes and then went over and rolled down her cheeks.

"Hey. You can do it." I stood up and then wiped her tears away.

"No, I can't Louis. I'm paralyzed." She sobbed now and looked down. My heart broke seeing her like this.

"Can you leave us for a bit?" I asked the people. They nodded and walked out quietly. I picked Fawn up, careful with the wires she was hooked up to and then placed her on my lap. Her legs just hung, so I moved them under the blanket again. "It's okay, love. We'll get through this together." I wrapped my arms around her and rested her head on my shoulder.

"What if we don't, Louis? You don't know if I can ever walk again." Fawn said and I smiled down at her.

"Yes, I do. Cause you're strong and we're even stronger together. This is just one of the many bumps in the road, before we reach what we're searching for." I said and she looked me in the eyes for a while.

"You talk to me like we're gonna get married in the end and die together." She said with a smile. I chuckled and held her tighter.

"Maybe we will." I whispered out to her.

"But we aren't even dating." I looked down at her again and she looked kinda hurt, just what I was feeling. I looked at her for a bit, biting my lip. What's the worst that can happen if I do it?

I dipped down and stopped right in front of her, to see if she didn't want it, but she didn't do anything. I smiled and then gently pressed my lips to hers. She placed her petite right hand on my cheek and kissed me back. The pain in my chest was long gone now, but now it burned. My heart burned and swelled, skipping beats here and there.

We pulled away and she kept her hand on my cheek, so I leaned into it.

"Then, do you wanna be my girlfriend, Fawn?"