Scorpio's Driving- Lesson Three

"Tch. That damn trickster. I don't need to learn how to operate some piece of junk." Scorpio was now up and he looked anything but pleased by the idea of learning to drive. 

"Now, now. It's not all bad. The King must have some reason behind his orders. We shouldn't question them." You said, and Scorpio shot you a terrifying glare, making you jump and instantly shutting you up. You were no happier than Scorpio with the idea of teaching the gods to drive. In fact, you strongly believed it was for The King's own amusement. 

You both got into the car, and after doing the initial checks, you told Scorpio to set the car in drive and pull out on the road. 

You patiently waited for the car to move, but when nothing happened, you glanced over to see a clueless Scorpio behind the wheel. 

"Something wrong?" You asked and Scorpio clicked his tongue and shyly looked away, "How do I get it to move...?" You were surprised by his question but your mouth soon curled into a smile. It was adorable seeing him so helpless. 

"Gross. I am not adorable." Scorpio's low growl made you flinch and you quickly wiped the grin off your face. "Sorry." You then went through on how to get the car moving. Scorpio put his feet on the pedal and the car started to slowly move but then conked out. 

Scorpio sat on his seat looking bewildered, "Piece of trash. Why did it stop?!" He started to scold the car and you had to hold back your laughter. "Don't worry. That's common for beginners. Now try again." 

Scorpio tried again but only got a short distance before it conked out once more. He looked even more frustrated than before. 

"This is going to be a long day..." You said. Scorpio's head snapped in your direction, "Did you say something, woman?" You quickly waved your hands and shaking your head with a look of innocence. 

"Keep on trying. We'll get there. ...Someday." You instructed Scorpio to try driving to the end of the street. 

20 minutes later 

"Now look who's boss!" Scorpio shouted loudly, telling off the car. After many more times conking out and repeated car scoldings, Scorpio finally made it to the end of the street. 

"It's a three minute walk... And it took us nearly half an hour by car..." You muttered under your breath so Scorpio couldn't hear. Your shoulders slumped, you didn't have much hope for this god; not at this rate. 

Scorpio then turned onto the next street and was actually keeping the car moving... that was until coming to a hill and the car suddenly conked out. 

"Don't play around with me now. I thought I told you who's in charge! Piece of junk." Like usual, Scorpio was getting angry with the car. "Scorpio... We are stopped on a hill. Please get the car moving. Fast." You begged him and Scorpio huffed, "Don't tell me what to do." He tried to get the car started again but being on a hill made it harder than normal. 

"Damn car. How do humans manage anything with such filthy monstrosities." 

Your heart started to speed up in your chest. You had been lucky so far, but at any moment a car could come speeding over that hill.

"Scorpioooo!" You shrieked and at that moment, just as you feared, was an incoming car. 

"Tch." 

You closed your eyes and braced for the impact but just moments before you heard what sounded like a snap. Noticing that nothing has happened you slowly opened your eyes. "Huh." You were surprised to see the car safely parked on the side of the road and knew that Scorpio must have used his powers. 

"You fail." You said. 

"What?! Dammit. Not like I care! I don't want to drive this piece of junk anyway." Scorpio barked, he was clearly annoyed. Scorpio opened the car door and stormed off outside.

"Wait! You can't stop yet! You need to try again!" You shouted, even though you wanted nothing more to stop as well, you got out of the car and ran after the angry Scorpion; although, you weren't sure from where you were, you swore he was also sulking- disappointed to have been failed on his first attempt.