Dui's Driving- Lesson One

Today you were going to give Dui his first driving lesson. You didn't know why the gods, of all things, needed to learn how to drive, but under order from The King, this was what you had been tasked with. You had been dreading this moment all week. Dui was the first to volunteer for the lesson and seemed eager to try it out. 

Walking to the car, you got into the passenger side while Dui hopped in the drivers side. You glanced over at him and could see the curiosity, the excitement brimming in his eyes. Dui's eyes couldn't stay still as they darted from one instrument to the next; wondering how it all worked. 

You took in a deep breath, trying to steady your shaky nerves. "Ready?" You asked. Dui looked at you with a broad smile, nodding his head. 

"First, put on your seatbelt." You said, putting on your own seatbelt. You grabbed onto your seatbelt and pulled it a little; it would be the only thing to save you if you were to crash... 

Once the seatbelts were on you told Dui to turn on the ignition. The car came to life with a roar and Dui looked more excited than ever. 

"Check your mirrors and lights." You said and once Dui finished you told him to put the car into drive, "Now slowly turn out onto the road." 

Dui nodded, he put his hand on the gear stick and the car began to move. ...But not in the way you hoped. 

"Dui! Stop!" You shrieked. The car was moving in the opposite direction of the way you were supposed to go. Dui quickly put his feet on the brakes and looked a little exasperated, "Was that wrong?" 

You nodded. Even after going through all the details of the gear stick earlier, Dui still managed to goof it up. You turned around, your eyes going wide, the car was only inches away from smacking into a mailbox. You started to think maybe choosing a quiet street to practice on wasn't such a good idea, but maybe a desserted island would have been better. 

After calming down, you told Dui to once again try pulling out onto the street; making sure it was in drive this time. 

"You are drifting to close to the middle." Dui had somehow managed to get the car moving forward, but now he could hardly keep it on his side of the road. Just then a car was coming from the other direction, "Dui! More to the left, quick!" You held your breath as the car came closer; it was as if watching it all in slow motion. The car narrowly missed yours by a breadth. 

"I'm going to be gray before my time..." You slumped back into your seat, sweat dripping down your forehead. While Dui didn't have a care in the world, smiling as his eyes were focused on the road. 

"This is fun." Dui said, his tone light and carefree. It was anything but fun for you. You had never been so scared in your life; his driving was going to give you nightmares. You only hoped the other gods would be better. 

Dui was now cruising along the quiet street when his expression changed, "Tch. This is so boring. How about we go a bit faster." You shot up in your seat, a look of horror taking over your face. In a moment, the car started to speed up; going way too fast for the speed zone. 

"Whoa! Dui. Slow down!" You screamed and gripped the chair, "This is way too fast for the area. We will get booked!" You were in a full panic, it was like your life was flashing before your eyes. 

"Then I'll just change it." Dui took a hand off the wheel to snap his fingers, and the speed limit changed before your eyes. 

"No, no, no!" You bit on your lip and held on for dear life; giving a little prayer in hopes one of the other gods might save you. This was definitely not what you had signed up for when you agreed to teach the gods. You could imagine The King watching from above, smiling to himself in amusement at your misfortune.