Chapter Eighteen...

A decent while after the whole Loki thing, Fury called them up to go find his scepter or whatever.

They left me here and I wasn't happy about it. I'm a military dog for crying out loud! I was raised for this!

I growled at Bruce when he was heading for the door.

He sighed, "Dali, girl, Fury said I can't bring you. There's nothing to track, this is a full-on battle. I'll be fine," he assured.

I whimpered and gave him 'the face' as he and Tony called it.

He shook his head and I barked. I didn't want him to go and die.

He grabbed a bag and threw me a bacon flavored bone, then walked out the door.

I didn't touch it, I sat right in front of the door and watched it.

I heard his steps fade into the distance and another door close.

A few minutes later I heard a helicopter take off from the roof.

I howled and listened as it echoed throughout the room, and the hallway outside.

I started pacing around the room, then moved on to trying to open the door, didn't work.

So I started scratching the door; eventually, it started chipping away, but my paws were bleeding badly.

It had been about five hours and he still wasn't back.

Then I hit some sort of metal that was in the door. It was reinforced.

Running into his room, I curled up on the floor where I always slept, and whimpered and whined waiting for his return.

I lost count of the hours but it felt like years when I heard the door open.

Dried blood coated my paws, my nails didn't look much better.

There was an audible gasp from the doorway and I ran to greet him.

Bruce was standing in the doorway in a bit of shock, he saw my paws and looked at the door.

He picked me up and started walking to the living room.

I didn't care I kept licking his face and wagging my tail.

We passed the living room where Steve and Tony were sitting.

"Tony, can you help me with something?" Bruce asked.

Tony and Steve turned to look at him, "What's wrong with her?" Steve asked curiously.

"She scratched the bottom of my door until she got to the metal reinforcement."

Tony groaned, "Fine," then they started walking to the infirmary.