Chapter Ten...

After a few minutes, Bruce and goatee guy, who I learned was Tony, started heading back to the lab.

I didn't trust Tony, he was rude and impatient.

When we got to the lab, Tony started talking as Bruce was fooling around with some science stuff.

I growled as he picked up a stick that practically screamed with electricity.

When he poked Bruce with it I was on his stomach paws set firmly on his shoulders, teeth bared and snarling in his face.

To say I was upset was the understatement of the year.

I heard Steve yelling at Tony as he removed me from his chest, much to my protest as I squirmed and growled to get at Tony again.

They started arguing as Bruce put me on a leash and tied me to a table that was nailed to the floor.

I pulled at it and chewed the leash until Bruce flicked my nose.
I looked at him with betrayal. I was protecting him and this is what he does?

I whimpered at the disapproving glance he sent me. Why was he upset with me? I was doing what I was born and bred to do. What I've lived my life to do! I laid on the floor underneath the table.

And watched Steve and Tony drag Bruce in the argument. I'll just... sit here then.

After Steve left, they continued to work in silence.