Chapter Twelve...

As I came to, the first thing I noticed was that there was a large hole in the wall of the cage.

The second thing was that I was alone in a forest.

I growled and silently cursed the handyman.

I jumped through the hole and started investigating my surroundings.

I ran into a direction that smelled of faint fast food.

I needed to find Bruce.

I stopped dead in my tracks when I thought about Bruce. Would he even notice I was gone? He was upset with me last time I saw him...

I shook my body at the thought. It doesn't matter. I will take care of Bruce even if it kills me.

I heard some people talking about Tony, "Yeah, he's got a huge tower in Manhattan anyway. Why would he need a house in Malibu,".

"Because he's Stark that's why," they continued their conversation as they walked away and headed to the nearest building.

I found a decent city called 'Queens' and started wandering around.

Until I felt a noose tighten around my neck, sending me into a full-on panic remembering a time in Afghanistan...

I made a loud screech as I started trying to escape.

The noose started choking me, but I didn't care. I wanted out.

I felt someone grab my vest investigating the tags Bruce had put on my back.

I felt the person pick me up as I struggled against it and bit whoever it was.

After a cry of pain, they put a muzzle on me... More memories surfaced and I was in full on panic mode.