Chapter Fifteen...

Their shocked faces were clear.

Tony asked,"She's not..." his voice trailing off.
Bruce said," She's not dead."

Steve came back to the car, red-faced, they all sat in silence as they rode back, to what I guessed, was a pet-friendly hotel.

Bruce carried me through some automatic doors greeting a few confused guests.

Bruce walked to the elevator, with Tony, and went to his room.

Tony opened the doors and pushed the buttons for him, then left.

Bruce placed me on the second bed in the room and started speed-walking around the room, grabbing wet towels, dry towels, and his doctor bag.

He started to gently dab the wet towels on the blisters, causing me to whimper at the burning sensation that followed.

I heard the door open, and Steve came in with a huge bag of dog food.

He put it on the floor and took a towel from Bruce and started dabbing the side of my face.

This went on in silence until Bruce started to put a kind of sticky cream on the marks before he said, "I think we've cleaned it enough she needs to eat,".

He stood and Steve got the food while Bruce got the water.

I sat up hearing food clinking against a bowl. I wobbled as I jumped on the floor, Bruce was recording this as well.

I weakly got there as fast as I could and started hungrily devouring the food. I, then, lapped all the water until I was desperately licking the bowl for more.

Steve gave me another cup of food, which I ate half of the laid on the floor by Bruce's stuff and laid down a bit hard.

I whimpered and Bruce stopped recording and sat beside me stroking my ears.

Steve left after I stopped eating.

I fell asleep after a while of Bruce petting me and his gentle humming lulling me to sleep.