Chapter 7: "This was harder than the SATs."

Ever since Cameron was a child, he knew his dream was to be in a band. He has a real gift for playing guitar and although he doesn't like performing in front of his family, Marleigh witnessed his skills first hand. Since they were children, he would often entertain her and their younger siblings by playing guitar. 

When he grew up, he started a band with his friends. Although it was only a year since they had seen each other, Cameron changed a lot.

"Cameron Evans, come give your sister some love." The blonde demanded, holding her hands wide apart.

He rolled his eyes, but came forth giving her a brief hug. She wrapped her arms around his neck, hugging him close to her; he smiled briefly, but kept his "bad boy image" by just simply patting her on the back.

They parted and she rolled her eyes in annoyance at him. He gives her a sheepish smile, before joining the band. Marleigh's light blue eyes roamed over each of the boys; they all looked so familiar, but she couldn't match names to their faces.

"Aw don't tell me you already forgot about us, Marl." One of the voices teased.

She smiled sheepishly at them, shrugging her shoulders.

The same voice laughed, and came forward. 

"Nice to meet you Marleigh, my name is Bryce Carter, and I've known you for 12 years." The voice introduced.

Her jaw immediately dropped at the name. The Bryce Carter she knew used to be scrawny and shy. What happened to him?

"It's great to see you again Bryce. It's been what? 3 years?" Marleigh asked, stepping forward to give him a hug now that she remembered him.

"Give or take a few years." He shrugged. "But the years have been great for you." 

The blonde didn't say anything, only flashed Noah a nervous look.

"You two look familiar as well." She states, turning towards the remaining two boys.

Both took a step forward and flashed identical grins.

"Wait." Marleigh stopped them, pausing to stare at them.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer." The one with the lighter hair stated with a smirk.

She stared at them both a little longer, before laughing; her angelic voice echoing throughout the kitchen. With her arms wide open, she wrapped both of them up in a hug.

"It's great seeing you again Caleb, Blake." She stated, nodding to both of the boys.

Cameron has known Bryce the longest out of the boys, but Caleb and Blake were just like family to them. Caleb and Bryce were non-identical twins; however, if you got to know them, you would realize that they had the same exact smile.

"Oh and everyone, this is Noah, my boyfriend." Marleigh stated, stepping back and grabbed his hand.

The welcome for him was a lot less enthusiastic, but the couple ignored it. 

"Nice to meet you man." 

The blonde beamed at her brother who was the only one to step forward and give him a handshake. What Marleigh didn't see, however, was that both her brother and boyfriend were trying to out squeeze the other's hand.

"How about we do something tonight, all go out to dinner?" Marleigh suggested, looking at every face in the room.

Most of them shrugged, but the little kids nodded enthusiastically causing her to giggle.

"Okay it's settled. We can decide where later, let's all be ready by 6:30?" She suggested.

The room all nodded in agreement, causing a smile to break out on the blonde's face.