Chapter 6: 'Am I going to die?'

One ring. It was just one simple ring that started the hell and destruction in their lives. Loud screams could be heard within the house that caused Noah to send a worried glance over towards Marleigh.

'Am I going to die?' Noah wondered to himself.

Seconds later, the large wood door was flung open and the pretty blonde was toppled to the ground by two twin boys who were heavier than they looked.

"Marl! Marl! Marl!" 

"Marleigh's back! Marleigh's back!"

The both cheered in unison with the same loud voice that definitely echoed throughout the neighborhood. 

'Maybe that's why the houses are so far apart.' Noah commented to himself.

"Hey Noah? Some help please?"

His girlfriend's voice was more than enough to snap him out of his thoughts. With one motion, he grabbed onto her soft hand and pulled her onto her feet. 

"Thanks Noah," She said, breathing in relief.

That lone breath didn't last long as those two boys wrapped her up in a bear hug with one on each side of her that seemed to capture her breath, and not in a good way.

"Okay, okay. Maybe you boys should let her go, she looks sick." Noah stated in what he thought was a friendly way.

The twins let go, but they immediately sized him up. Noah stared at them in amusement which was the wrong move.

"Who a re you to tell us what to do?" One of the twins spat out rudely.

"Dylan! Don't be so rude!" Marleigh scolded.

The twin known as Dylan put his head down in a shameful action which is twin immediately mimicked, but when his sister wasn't looking, both gave Noah the stink eye.

"MARLEIGH!"

"MARLEIGH!"

The second raid of devils came flying through the doorway as both figures wrapped their arms tightly around the blonde's tiny waist. his time, Marleigh was able to keep her ground by digging her heels into the cement floors.

She mentally prayed for her babies, knowing that if these attacks continued, they wouldn't last very long.

Regardless of her shoes' lives, she wrapped her arms around the little devils.

"Sophia! Caitlin!" Marleigh greeted with wide smiles. 

The two girls let go of her afterwards, but continued occupying her time by both fighting for the spotlight as they explained two very different things loudly, trying to out scream the other. 

"-and Ms. Tanya said that I was doing really really good! She said that she'll assign me a solo next-"

"-and then Michael told me to shut up! But I told him that it was a bad word and to not say it again but-"

"a couple of weeks I'll be performing! I hope you can see it! It's going to be so-"

"but Lydia says that her sister says that when a guy is mean it's cause they like you! But I don't like Michael! Boys are icky!"

"Woah! Woah! Girls, girls. Calm down. How about after Noah and I settle down, we can continue our conversation. Preferably in the house." Marleigh stated, looking at them both in the eyes.

They both nodded causing a satisfied smile to break out on Marleigh's face.

"Wait wait! Whose Noah?" Caitlin questioned loudly.