Cliché!: The Phantom of the Spoof part 2

Start from the beginning

Well, an hour later, we all had to put our costumes back on and get our makeup redone. Then again, I felt like I was being watched. After what happened with the toilet, I was a little more alert.

After that, everything went smoothly, until I had to kiss Romeo for the first time.

When he came out, I noticed he got a little taller; sudden growth spurt? And I couldn’t really see his face too good; maybe there was something wrong with his makeup and he didn’t want anyone to see?

When he spoke, it didn’t sound much like Craig’s real voice. It seemed kind of familiar; I couldn’t put my finger on it. I decided to shrug it off.

When he came in my “chamber” he acted a lot more passionate. Maybe he had a crush on me now? That’s what I thought when he kissed me. His kiss was deeper and more passionate. Then it hit me.

This was not Craig.

I realized he was wearing a mask. After he pulled away, I forgot the fact that we were still onstage, so I ripped his mask off. I gasped when the memories came flooding back into my head. It was the Phantom!

Everyone gasped and screamed. Everyone backstage was all in panic. The Phantom grabbed me by the waist, and threw a knife at one of the headlights. It fell and landed in front of the seats, catching them on fire.

Then I found we were falling through a trap door. The Phantom still had me in his grasp. Now I was in panic, but I forced myself to stay brave.

* * *

I ran backstage to find Mrs. Giry. Casey told me about her, she said she was a mysterious lady. I saw her running toward me. “Mrs. Giry!” I called. “Follow me Monsieur!” she shouted over the panic. Faintly, I could hear fire truck sirens outside.

Mrs. Giry led me to a closet filled with left over costumes. She went to the mirror at the other end of the room. She pulled it aside to reveal a secret passage way. “Go in here!” she said. “It vill lead you to ze phantom’s lair. It weel take you to Casey. Kip your ’ands at ze level of your aiz.” “My who at the level of my what?” I asked. “I must go,” said Mrs. Griy. “It would make too much zense for me to come with you ze hrest of ze way. If I were Perzhian, I would do it, but—no. Best of luck!”

I hurried down the hall. I couldn’t even imagine what the Phantom could be doing to Casey right now.

* * *

Before I knew it, I was back at the lair where he kidnapped me little over a month ago. “Let me go you bastard!” I shouted. “Never!” he said.

Just then, I was pushed against a wall. He was looking at the model of me wearing the dress, and I knew what he as thinking. “Please don’t make me wear that!” I pleaded. “Besides, think of the model, how embarrassed it’ll be.”

“Excuse me!?” the model said offended. “It?” “S-sorry!” I apologized quickly. “You’d better be!” said the model before becoming still again.